ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
O
Great thread and good stories.
I grew up in England beside the ex LMS main line between Birmingham and Bristol, I spent hundreds of hours collecting engine numbers on weekends and slowly became so obsessed with trains that I started to skip school, only 12-13 years old sitting beside a railway...
-
O
No doubt about it that Google Earth and Images can be a great help to model railroaders, I have downloaded many pictures of the Garden of the Gods area which will be ideal to get the feel of the place, no doubt about it the USA is a beautiful country with many unique areas that certainly makes...
-
O
Thanks for your suggestion re street views Charlie and yes it would be nice to live somewhere that had not been changed.
Switched my location for my new layout from the "Valley of Fire" Nevada to the "Garden of the Gods" Colorado so thank to Motley and others.
-
O
I agree 100% as I made many alterations to my track plan before I considered the scenery, no matter what the most important thing about any layout is trouble free running of trains, once that is achieved the rest just falls into place, will post pictures and create a website in the near future.
-
O
Hi there Michael, Red Rock looks like a great place, once again I Googled Images and found quite a few pictures of the area, I had originally wanted to build scenery similar to what is found in Colorado but it seems that it is such a popular place to model that I thought it may be nice to be...
-
O
As usual I spend hours wrecking my brain as to what type of scenery to model for my new Freelance layout, in the meantime I lay track, buy loco's and run a few trains, ( a wee bit unorthodox but then I do live upside down to most folks on this forum).
Anyhow I live in a place called the City...
-
O
Fantastic work on a great layout, I spent many hours sitting at the end of a platform on the old New Street Station as a kid, collecting steam train numbers of course, ah those were the days.
Looking forward to seeing more development on your layout.
-
O
I gave up on the Atlas forum some time ago when I got an acceptance email and could not access the forum, as a matter of fact I just tried to log in but got rejected, in the past I was able to access a forum without getting a final approval email but obviously not the Atlas Forum, oh well life...
-
O
Thanks Bob I dunno mate we cane toads find our way around.
-
O
Sadly my HO scale Oz layout was built in the 1980 so I cant help you with photos but rest assured that there are model railroad fanatics the world over, the Australian market although small compared to the USA has a very enthusiastic following, New Zealand is in a similar situation to Oz with a...
-
O
I buy all my locos from a friend that has a second hand model railroad shop in his back yard, he has far more stock than your average Australian hobby shop, I have found like many others that when it comes to reliable smooth quiet running loco's its hard to go past Atlas and Kato, I have also...
-
O
Thank you all for the warm welcome, nice to be here and hope to get involved rather than just looking from the outside.
Cheers
Dave
-
O
Helo from Australia my name is Dave I am living in subtropical Queensland Oz,:) age 67 and Married.:eek:
Have been involved in this great hobby for many years and have built several layouts including British OO, Australian HO, Japanese N, I am currently in the early stages of building a new...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)