ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
O
Thanks Greg. I appreciate your input. The M/E HO track is quite difficult to flex. I think it would be interesting to hear what your friend has to say.
Old Fat Robert
-
O
BIGO: There are only two sources of the Atlas 2 rail in my area? You mentioned some vendors that might cost less than MSRP. Are you willing to divulge your sources? Thanx.
Old Fat Robert
-
O
Good Morning:
Jim is absolutely right with the plywood. In fairly narrow shelves you are speaking of 1/2 inch plywood will easily support O scale equipment. The MDF will sag over time. BTW your plan meets all my definitions for a layout. Let us know how things progress.
Old Fat Robert
-
O
Greg: Thank you for your insights. If memory serves me right, Atlas is code 148 which certainly would be acceptable for 1930 - 1950 motive power and rolling stock. Is the House /Duddy flex as difficult to work in O as their HO track is? Thanks again.
Old Fat Robert
-
O
Steve: Hello again. My mistake on my last post. KATO has the SD40-2 available in N Scale. You would have to re paint but that is certainly do able. I am sure you already these things but I want to be sure that I don't mislead you in any way.
Robert
-
O
Hello Steve: I am sure you know that KATO has a "mid production" SD 40 available now. Certainly could be painted for the Milwaukee Road. Maybe a little challenge to make it into the model you want but with all the swap meets that take place every year I bet you can find some old bodies/tanks to...
-
O
Steve: You have done so much right in your modeling approach. I am one of the "get the trains rollin' and we will worry about that other stuff later" kind of guy. I do concern myself with good and good looking rail/trackwork and I like to employ signals. Consider yourself envied (especially for...
-
O
Jim: You are absolutely right. The Atlas products I have had over the years has performed at as well as advertised. Even though I presently use code 70 on my HO layout, I always was pleased with the ease of use of their track products.
-
O
Jim: I am thinking pretty much along those same lines. Seems to be excellent advice. One very small thing keeps just bubbling under the surface for Atlas O (which I have zero experience with) so I don't really know how much credence to give it and that is some very scalding reviews I read lately...
-
O
I think OldGettysk has a point. However, if I want or need something special such as a prime rib roast for a special occasion I go to the butcher at the meat market. As we all mentioned before "Atlas Flex Track" is Atlas Flex Track regardless of where you buy it. However, the online seller (this...
-
O
I am considering a move to 2 rail O. Can I get some input from the contributors to this forum on commercially available track: Atlas O vs Old Pullman vs House of Duddy etc. Please don't be cruel to the suppliers that you don't use just let me know what you think are the strengths of your...
-
O
I could not agree with you more! Obviously, we all have to respond to economic situations as best we can. It would be a shame to see the passing of the LHS due to world economies. It would be a greater shame to see the passing because they failed to distinguish themselves from the online/mail...
-
O
Jaltbaum: I believe I understand your layout configuration. That size in N scale can easily handle three trains. If your present budget is a concern a "cab control" type operation for three (or more) can be built easily with no modification to your engines. I no longer have it on my favorites...
-
O
Hey Fellas: You all have made excellent points in your posts. This is obviously not a one size fits all endeavor. I have three shops in relative closeness to me and I must admit that one of them gives far better customer service (defined as good price points, repair/maintenance assistance...
-
O
Larry: Glad to have your input on this subject. Obviously you have a situation that requires forethought with your purchases. I would do all the things you do if I were in that position. It just seems to me that I have seen folks with issues on mail/on line purchases that perhaps COULD have been...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)