Recent content by ntrainman

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    So I just need one for the entire system? There are ~20 switches.
  2. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    I am playing with the cabs to understand better what power what. It's interesting that I can run the lower pike on only CAB B and throw the switches manually. CAB A only seems to run the switch machines. Which is exactly what the wiring diagram shows for the AC side. Without CAB A on CAB B can...
  3. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    Train layout and wiring diagrams I thought these got uploaded yesterday. What manufacturer of track and switches do you recommend? Everything I have is Atlas. I also used individual track segments, not flextrack. Was that a mistake?
  4. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    Train Layout & Wiring Here are the train layout and wiring diagram that I used. The switches are hooked up to the A.C. side of CAB A.
  5. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    No. I have double checked polarity as well. The switches are hooked up to the A.C. side and the mainline rails are hooked up to the D.C. side. I'll see if I can figure out how to attach the layout and wiring diagrams.
  6. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    Thanks. But for the electronically handicapped/challenged. Is that easy to build or can you buy them. And, for 20 switches do I need just one or several coming out of the transformer and to several sets of acutator banks?
  7. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    The actuators that came with the Atlas N 80 switches. They are the standard left, right and push down momentarily to actuate. However, they are getting current from somewhere. I was checking last night going through all the actuators to make sure they were working the switches and checking the...
  8. N

    Melting Switch Machines

    I am building an old Atlas n scale layout Railroad N-109 in the Nine Scale model railroads 2nd edition. I'm using the old technology, 4 transformers and 21 remote switches, all Atlas parts. Switch machines keep melting. I am electronically challenged. I have been reading about capacitor...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top