ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
N
I guess it's ok to do this, I'm going to reference an outside website by Byron Henderson, www.layoutvision.com Look at the section Layout Design. There are a couple of examples for sheet round and round's with yards. This may give you some inspiration.
NSHO
-
N
It would be nice to how this fits into the overall layout. May make critiquing easier. If your layout is just a round and round, I don't think you'll benefit from so much yard. I would eliminate the caboose track and the top most service track. Give yourself longer tracks in the body.
How...
-
N
ModelTrainStuff has 31 items of 10 piece code 100
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Atlas-HO-Code-100-36-Super-Flex-Track-10-pieces-p/atl-168-10.htm
You may deplete their supply building your helix :D
-
N
Nice job. What kind of paint?
-
N
I think a futuristic layout would be stellar!!! You could model a maglev type train, dilithium crystal mines and cold fusion packs in a boxcar. Not to mention all the mirco Halo action packs and figures.
Where can I get a girlfriend that loves model railroading and plays Halo on the...
-
N
I too have an older BB SW1500 with a digitrax DZ125. Symptoms are the same. I took it through the Athearn tune up as described on the internet (don't want to look up the link). Sanding the communicator seemed to help the most. Although it still jumps and jerks at slow start up speeds.
It...
-
N
It's alive!! I guess we'll call this one complete. Not happy with all the wires. I'm afraid when the shell is back in place the wires are getting press against the fly wheels. Haven't done many decoder installs. I'll be ready for the next project and really cut the excess wiring away. The...
-
N
Brains from OZ
Installing brains (Digitrax) in two engines I got from Larry. Both are Athearn BB. One an SD60 and the other an SW1500. Currently working on the SD60. Hope to have it on the tracks tonight or tomorrow. Little switcher will have to wait until the weekend. Both engines are...
-
N
I like the redesign better, nice job. I'd put the yard in the left lobe (seen this done many times) and use the lower space for staging or interchange.
-
N
My yard area is very similar to your posting. There are 4 stub end yard lines, 2 engine service lines, a/d, mainline and industrial switching area. All of this is contained within 24.5" of bench. Is it tight? Yes. But, that's what I wanted, lots of switches :) $$$$
-
N
and there's one bid on it!! Is that little Tyco really worth $101?!?!
-
N
Stein is brilliant! This forum and the members benefit from his expertise.
Nice layout.
-
N
Looks really good, can't wait to see some track on it.
-
N
update
Since I didn't get any advice, criticism or comments in re to my noise issue, I took it upon myself to not use latex caulk as a track to roadbed adhesive and just spot glue with Elmers every 10-12". I'm hoping when I cover with ballast and glue it in to place, that'll help keep the...
-
N
I like the second one better :D
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)