Recent content by NFexec

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    How Much Space to Plan Around Layout?

    Greetings, This is a really basic question: I am doing a rather slow, purposeful planning of a modest sized O gauge model railroad. It consists mainly of a steam locomotive, rail cars, and a handful of accessories that came from my wife's father - from right around WWII. It will be augmented...
  2. N

    Any Connection Between (Your) Age and Choice of N or HO?

    Just curious about this. I am planning and scheming my own model railroad and am stuck between the two gauges. I would like to create as large a layout as I can afford in a space that is not terribly large - maybe 12 x 16 (hence the N idea). But I like the look of HO a tad more. So with the...
  3. N

    Resurrecting a 50 year old Memory

    Thank you to all who responded. The information is indeed helpful. I just found (doh) this sticky that I hadn't realized has quite a few other links (most of which are active) that give similar info on product choices and their prices...
  4. N

    Resurrecting a 50 year old Memory

    Hi Folks, I've been a forum member for a while, but have mostly been lurking and reading. When I was 11 (in 1961) my dad created a two-train HO setup on an L-shaped layout with two 4x8 plywood sheets. It was (for the day) pretty spectacular. Years later it was taken down to make room for a...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top