Recent content by n1vets333

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Anyone out there do custom graffiti? (from pictures)

    It looks great and I don't think the average person would ever know. I wrote grafitti for 15 years growing up in the bronx and thats the only reason I could even see it probably plus I have the same decals. Just an observation but like I said it still looks great.
  2. N

    Anyone out there do custom graffiti? (from pictures)

    the graf in the first picture is supposed to say "view", take another look
  3. N

    Anyone out there do custom graffiti? (from pictures)

    Looks like the first picture was done by the graf writer hanging upside down from the engine. I don't know if you intended it to be upside down. Just an observation.
  4. N

    Sealant question...

    what about hairspray?
  5. N

    My Works

    could you explain your technique?
  6. N

    My Works

    can you describe your technique. I am curious as to how you achieve that white patina look. Are you using some sort of white acrylic wash after weathering with an airbrush?
  7. N

    Small HO Track plan Switching Layout suggestions needed

    Those are some interesting ideas, I guess I have alot to consider. Maybe I should go with an industry rather than a rail yard.
  8. N

    Small HO Track plan Switching Layout suggestions needed

    I am by nature an o scaler but I am moving at the end of the year so I don't want to start on anything in o. I do however want to build a small ho scale layout. I was thinking along the lines of 2x4 to maybe 2x8 at the largest. I don't want a loop, I was thinking more of a small point to point...
  9. N

    Triang Budd Cars?

    Im wondering if the ones I have are the older ones, there are 6 cars in all, 5 of them are a metal looking silver while one of them is a darker almost greyish silver. Could the grey one be the newer of the 2 and the others older. They are all named for the CN. It looks as though the grey ones...
  10. N

    Triang Budd Cars?

    So would it be safe to say these cars were produced before 1964?
  11. N

    Triang Budd Cars?

    I just picked up a box of Triang Budd passengercars it is a set of 6. They are silver with a black stripe marked CN. It looks to be the entire set, there is an observation, baggage, engine , dummy and passengers. The couplers look nothing like and other ho train ive seen, they are a hook and...
  12. N

    Adjusting Coupler Height?

    How would A clear car help with couplers problems? Please educate me I am a newbie when it comes to n scale.
  13. N

    Backdrop Painting Tips?

    Im attempting my first backdrop, I put the sky color down and tried at some mountains but im less than satisfied. What are some techniques that you used for backdrops. Im especially interested in your mountain paintings and trees. Are there guides to use for the outlines of mountains and clouds...
  14. N

    Adjusting Coupler Height?

    If thats the case then why is it only certain cars that uncouple. Most of the rolling stock I don't have a problem with.
  15. N

    Adjusting Coupler Height?

    I am new to N scale. I am really an O gauge guy but decided to try my hand at N. Anyhow, I converted a bunch of my rapido couplers to micro trains coplers. The kind that come pre-assembled attatched to the trucks. Anyway, I recently purchsed a new bachman engine (ns gp-9). The new engine comes...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top