Recent content by MudbugnTX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. MudbugnTX

    Model Power officially out of business

    Sad indeed. The problem the banks and lenders have created makes it extremely hard for companies like this to stay afloat. We can only hope that another company will buy the molds and plans from them to keep some of the lines going. I think it would take a company like Walthers or Horizon to do...
  2. MudbugnTX

    metal wheels

    If you get the truck tuner and run it on all the wheelsets I bet you will pull 12 cars. Change all the couplers to Kadee and forget about disconnects. We use Intermountain wheelsets at our club and have great success. I have no problem pulling over 50 cars with my 6 axle modern diesels. A couple...
  3. MudbugnTX

    HO scale DCC track cleaning car

    I would be hesitant to use a dry pad. I have no idea how abrasive the pad is but you do not want to scratch the track. You want the top of the rail smooth as possible. This is why I just paid the price and bought the CMX. You have a needle valve and can control the flow of liquid. Since the car...
  4. MudbugnTX

    HO Farm Equipment

    This is similar to what I am looking for. Some of them I have found. They do not have to be exact but you get the idea from the photos. The grain cart, semi grain trailer and the disk harrow are what I am having trouble locating. Lonestar models makes the grain trailer and truck but they have...
  5. MudbugnTX

    HO Farm Equipment

    Sorry for the confusion Gary. I do not model anything with 1/64 scale. I was saying that is what is in most of the stores like Tractor Supply. I only model 1/87 scale.
  6. MudbugnTX

    HO Farm Equipment

    Thanks everyone for the replies. I am actually wanting to model a modern Rice Farming Operation. The hardest thing to find at the moment is grain carts for tractors and grain trailers for semi trucks. Everyone seems to model those in 1/64 scale. I also looked at Tractor Supply and those are also...
  7. MudbugnTX

    HO Farm Equipment

    Where does everyone get their HO farm equipment? I'm talking about tractors, combines, plows and grain carts.
  8. MudbugnTX

    Decoder for Atlas Genset

    We have 4 of these in our club that have been running for three years with no problems. We have lost some decoders on locos of all brands but generally it was do to improper wiring or routing of wires under the shell or someone at one time decided to throw a darn DC pack on the mainline while...
  9. MudbugnTX

    Model train show this weekend Houston, Texas

    Once again it's time for World's Greatest Hobby on Tour Look for Northwest Crossing Model Railroad club. That's where I will be. Our module sizes this year: Northwest Crossing Model Railroad Club-HO 16x54 HO Northwest Crossing Model Railroad Club-N 34x60 N info: go here and click...
  10. MudbugnTX

    Decoder for Atlas Genset

    Well, I found the decoder the the Atlas Gensets. Brand: MRC Item # 0001916 http://www.modelrectifier.com/search/product-view.asp?ID=13021 They have changed the speaker design and added an oval one that drops right into the rear weight. The weight has a small square hole at the top and you can...
  11. MudbugnTX

    HO scale DCC track cleaning car

    Go with a CMX. You will not be sorry. We have three of them at our club.
  12. MudbugnTX

    Tsunami Program track booster question.

    Carey, would you mind showing a picture of your wiring and setup. I may be interested in hooking one of these up to my pr3 also.
  13. MudbugnTX

    Decoder for Atlas Genset

    What decoders both sound and non sound have any of you installed in an Atlas HO scale Trainman plus NRE Genset? Any help would be appreciated. I hear mixed reviews from both Sound not being any good in the sound models to the decoders burning out the ditchlights. Thanks for any help.
  14. MudbugnTX

    Remove decoder to run DC

    Most new DCC locos will run on DC also. Check the manual to see if the decoder is auto switching.
  15. MudbugnTX

    Home layout design using Free-mo

    I want to setup a modular style railroad at home in my spare room. I have been thinking about Free-mo instead of the standard NMRA Modules. My reasons are pretty simple. 1. I do not want to be stuck to a continuous loop around the outside of the modules. (NMRA Style) 2. I want flexibility...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top