Recent content by Mr James

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Train CAD programs?

    I have been wondering this myself. I work on a software called UGNX5 (Unigraphics), which is a higher end 3D solid Modeling software. Anyhoo, I was thinking of making items that I cannot find online or they simply don't make. Now, I have access to a rapid prototype machine where I could make...
  2. M

    Well I am certainly new...may need some help.

    Maybe thin plywood is a good idea. Could always move it if absolutely necessary I guess. Both feet for sure. Already purchased some (train) cars and looking to get an engine soon. Plan to run DCC using an NCE controller. Code 100 on mains and possibly code 80 on spurs and (the other things...
  3. M

    Well I am certainly new...may need some help.

    The closest I have ever been to trains was in traffic, waiting for them to FINALLY cross!! My son is very interested (thanks to Thomas and all his friends) in model trains now. He has just about every wooden and plastic set out there. So I have decided to climb on board and move up a notch...
  4. M

    4X8 Suggestions appreciated

    Here are a few of layouts that I am investigating to help determine my new layout. These are a few of many that I have been saving aside. Cold weather around here forces indoor projects to get completed. My layout starts in a few weeks witht eh bench work. My open space is 4' x 11' with...
  5. M

    HO Outdoor Layout?

    I gotta tell ya Larry. We lived in Florida for 4 years and the last place I would want to spend my long days was outside. No offense. Just too darned hot. One more good reason we moved way up here!! Just noticed you live in Arcadia. Neat. We honeymooned there for two weeks a few years...
  6. M

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Does the track need to be consistent as far as "Code" goes?? If I get code 100 track, I need to get code 100 Flex Track also??
  7. M

    NCE Power Pro or Digitrax Super Chief??

    I was about to post my first (or second) question and ask for opinions on which controller to get. I have been doing lots of reading and I am convinced NCE will be my system controller, though I will continue to read and learn.
  8. M

    Newb Layout Questions

    This is your first post and mine too. I have a similar layout planned with similar dims. My layout is looking to be 12' x 4' with an L at the end, length is undecided. I like those pics. Good luck!!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top