Recent content by mountaingoatgreg
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
Botwrench, that is my switching layout behind it, I just held it in front to get the stream to continue.
-
M
Thanks everyone!!
I had a lot of fun with this little build. I highly recommend making a few small projects to get something built and practice your skills.
-
M
I scratchbuilt a small trestle and placed in on this small diorama. The tree is also hand built and I even made my own static grass tufts for this project.
Here it is sitting in front of my Walthers layout.
-
M
That was the most I could win, they did not have a Grand Prize winner of everything.
-
M
.
The only thing I was not sure of was pallet jacks. I made the loading ramp and door on the small warehouse and stuck a bunch of the extra stuff inside the door. One of the pallet jacks is on the backside of the feed and seed. In the Q and A they said as long as you used some of each of the...
-
M
A few more photos of the layout.
-
M
I have no control over the photo they chose. The program they are using seems to have some serious limitations. I wish that each semi-finalist had all their photos displayed that way you could really see the layouts.
Thanks for your support!
-
M
My understanding is there were 4 Categories
Youth Individual
Youth Team
Adult Individual
Adult Team
That would make 12 Finalists with the winner in each individual category winning $1000 and the teams winning $2000. I would think 2nd and 3rd would get something, but I have not seen a list of...
-
M
Great to hear you will be in the catalog. I assume many of the photos from the contest will be used in catalog. Be curious what Walthers does next year. They also said that finalists are eligible for prizes, but have yet to say if there is anything other than 1st place.
-
M
Yes I was selected as one of the finalists.
-
M
Thought I would share a video I made of the layout. Click here for Train Video!!
Also voting remains open for the Walthers National Model Railroad Build Off. VOTE HERE
-
M
I was kind of surprised at the list of states that were DQ’d. Next year maybe just get a PO Box in a neighboring state. Lol.
Greg
-
-
M
Rico,
I still am not sure what my final plan will be with this layout, but I really am happy with it.
Thanks for trying to vote, I know they have had some issues. If you could try again it would be very much appreciated.
Greg Baker
-
M
This layout was selected as a semi-finalist which means I am eligible to participate in the People’s Choice Award. This allows everyone to look and vote once a day until the end of July for their favorite. Here is the link to the page to vote if you are interested!
https://www.walthers.com/nmrbo...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)