ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
Double magnets
Larry,
That sounds like a good idea because it can be tricky to get the couplers aligned with the single magnets. I'll have to give it a try.
Bob
-
M
Beautiful work!
Johnnyl,
You have produced a wonderful model. I bet it looks even better in person!
Thank you for posting the pictures.
Bob
-
M
It takes time.
Richard,
There are lots of things that would make your layout better, but as the old cliche goes, " Rome wasn't built in a day". That is one of the great things about this hobby in that there is always something to learn. Having fun is most important, but don't be afraid to...
-
M
Really Cool!
I think that is one of the neatest model railroad videos I've ever seen.
Keep up the good work!
Bob
-
M
P2K Kits
I finished adding the details to the two 2PK Mather stock cars. I can say that I hate P2K kits. They are an exercise in repairing broken parts and frustrations. I still have to put the trucks and couplers on. I got out an Accurail B&O stock car and finished 80% of it in an hour. I...
-
M
Chad,
DCC ready only means that it has a place to plug a decoder in. It won't operate on DCC until the decoder is installed. I would not get too excited about your loco not running in reverse until you can run it with a straight DC power pack or with a DCC decoder. I'm betting your motor...
-
M
Chad,
When I first got back in the hobby, I picked up a Bachmann DCC system and like you found none of my DC locos would run with the controller set at 10 even though the instructions said they would. Locos with decoders ran ok. If you want to run both DC and DCC, I would get a DC...
-
M
Good Weekend
Hey Guys,
Had a great weekend at the Oklahoma City train show. They had a record attendance Saturday of over 12,000! Lots of folks brought the little ones out to try to win the thirty-some-odd train sets being given away. Sunday was slower, but still good attendance. I did...
-
M
Finally Friday!!
Friday is finally here! I'm off to spend the weekend in Oklahoma City at the annual train show there. Our club sets up a modular layout there each year. While not as big as some of the other shows, it is the best in our little region.
Corey: Just noticed you are in...
-
M
Lookin' Good!
Jeffery: Nice Railbox!
Wolfgang: Neat little switcher and the way you framed that shot through the underpass is great!
Grampy: I agree, the stream is one of the most realistic I have seen, in fact, all of the scenery in that shot looks very realistic.
Bob
-
M
First WPF Contribution
Hello all. I've enjoyed your photos for a couple of years and thought it was time I got in on the fun. I have spent several weeks building and weathering a Silver Streak drover's caboose and nine P2K Mather single deck stock cars to go with it. While I was at it, I put...
-
M
Magnets
Larry,
I too saw the article in RMC and gave it a try. I used the magnets the article suggested and the spacing it suggested. I found that they work great as long as the couplers are adusted properly. I have not yet ballasted any of my track as the layout is under construction, so...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)