Recent content by mhampton

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. mhampton

    Code 80 Flex Track

    Tie color Many people paint the ties and rail to give it a weathered appearance anyway, so the plastic tie color wouldn't matter. If you prefer not to go that route, simply ballasting the track would help to camouflage the difference in the ties.
  2. mhampton

    Removing factory lettering

    Something I have used in the past to remove lettering has been model airplane glow fuel on a cotton swab. Use it in an inconspicuous place first to make sure it doesn't harm the main color coat.
  3. mhampton

    MoPac font

    No WAG from me. Finding the exact font you need may be like searching for a needle in a haystack. You might try http://www.coolarchive.com/ or some other such website and peruse all of their sans-serif fonts for something that is reasonably close.
  4. mhampton

    Show Your Face

    I'm standing on an RS1 owned by the French Lick, West Baden, & Southern railroad located in southern Indiana.
  5. mhampton

    Yet another new member

    Greetings from the Hoosier heartland! I don't remember how I came across these forums, but I'm glad I did. Looks like it will be a good complement to the others I frequent. I'll probably lurk for a while to get my bearings and see how things flow. You'll most likely find me in the N scale...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top