Recent content by masterian

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Cleaning Hornby track

    Thanks for your help Have been sidetracked into working in the garden the last couple of days but will experiment with the paint stripper, trackcleaner and eraser and see how it works Thanks Ian
  2. M

    Cleaning Hornby track

    I have a quantity of 1970's vintage Hornby track , points etc which is badly tarnished and am looking for a method to clean them. Would save some money if I can use this track instead of purchasing new. Currently setting up a layout using Peco 100 track
  3. M

    turnout switches and power

    Thanks for your help hopefully will be able to get some track laid this week and get some action going
  4. M

    turnout switches and power

    I am just getting back into the hobby and as I have some Hornby items from the mid 70's I would like to know if it is practical to use some. I am now using Peco track and setting up a DCC system. I will be using Peco point motors but was wondering if I could use my old DC controller to power...
  5. M

    starting again

    thanks for the comments It has helped me make up my mind in what my controller needs are. I do intend going to an exhibition shortly and also visiting a couple of stores so it won't be long before I can start putting things together and probably asking a lot more questions.
  6. M

    starting again

    After 20 years it is time to start again. I have a number of Hornby HO locomotives, track, points etc but am looking to go to DCC with Peco track. At this stage I am considering Digitrax but not real sure what to get to run 3 or possibly 4 locomotives. My plan consists of 2 main lines with...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top