Recent content by Louisiana Planter

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. L

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    Thanks for the tip, Joe, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
  2. L

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    This is the only Atlas loco that I have.
  3. L

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    Thanks Kennedy, but using address 3 was the first thing I did. Now Atlas mentioned the shutdown mode in the owners manual and they include a magnet tipped "wand" to take the loco in & out of the"sleep" mode. I positioned the magnetic wand against the cab as shown in their diagram and got no...
  4. L

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    Thanks Jim, I have read & re-read all the paperwork including the owners manual and have found no reference to a jumper. The manual says that the loco should run on DC or DCC right out of the box. I have e-mailed Atlas, but as of yet have no response from them--may have to send loco back to...
  5. L

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    Thanks for the reply. I suspect that Bachman may be the problem here but please keep me in mind whenever you get the Atlas unit. Thanks, Gene
  6. L

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    I am at retirement age and thought i would try to interest grandchildren in railroading (also Grandad). I purchased a DCC set made by Bachman (loco, cars, track, E-Z controller, etc) and it runs the included locomotives with no problem. Then I find a new (2004) ATLAS gold loco.w/QSI sound at a...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top