ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
L
Theres a gentlemen in OakVille Ontario Canada who has some FANTASTIC work
See Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14503095@N04/sets/72157603913931681/
-
L
Just wanted to say your layout is amazing I LOVE! your scenery and your attention to detail is supurb ! ...
Great work :)
-
L
I had such an elaborate plan in my head, and I can see it in my head, however, I've never actually gotten around to getting proper measurments.
**Note my layout is NOT! a completed loop, but a back and forth layout.
Everything has been done by simply guessing and estimating in my head. I...
-
L
So, 14" that would be from the corner of the wall, to the apex of the corner?
See Diagram
Also, I've been playing with a few Model train layout softwares, and no matter what, I can never seem to get both ends of the (22 and 24.5 inch turns) to meet at the other end sparing the same distance...
-
L
Hmm, well I was planning on only having the shelf about 6" out from the wall on the striaghts, maybe 8" as per the turns I was kinda hoping to keep them as narrow as possible, due to the extreme space limitations in my room.
-
L
Thats great Kerry, Thanks.
As per the 75" distance for the incline, I won't be going shorter because its such a long and heavy train. 10 of these:
plus a dummy F59PH
I will be using the #8 turnouts, given that I have the space on my layout to do so.
Aswell, for the 24.5" radius...
-
L
Oh Really? Bummer, I also note that you can't create any elevations yet :(
Thanks anyways Grant
-
L
Looks fantastic, How long has it taken you to get this far?
-
L
Hey this software looks pretty good, are there any limitations to using the demo?
-
L
I'm about to start my layout, I'm going to be running 2 trains, a 10 car Go Transit and an 8 car Via Rail. They will be parrallel lines running in my bed room along the wall. There is going to be all 4 walls covered in a shelf like layout except where the door is.
I have a few questions I'd...
-
L
Wow, how did you get those drawings? is there an application to draw track layouts?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)