ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
L
I got a nice picture of the L&N E6A #753 with the blue and yellow scheme, and of course I got the Proto2000 early copy of the exact same deisel.
-
L
Oh no, don't strip down that less than common L&N scheme. Find a run of the mill model to strip. Of course that E6 looks better with the blue and yellow earlier paint scheme. That mid 60s thru merger paint scheme is a bit on the drabbish side.
-
L
Ok I am planning on buying an unpainted RS3 tomorrow and painting it up with the L&N mid 50s black or dark blue and buff pattern. For the time being I plan on using hobby spray paint until I get the airbrush set up when I get back from Iraq. My questions are about the prep work. Do I need to...
-
L
I love pigs, They're delicious.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
-
L
I wish the American people would support the US military in deed and attitude, instead of just saying the new cliche!!
Sorry! I just get a little bent outta whack when I hear folks suggest we loose another war for no reason.
-
L
Seems to be about right compared to the barrel and pallet. Building looks smallish compared to the tracks.
-
L
Thanks guys. I think I'll start with a transition era set up first. Gotta love those old F units in that sharp paint scheme. And I can get a modern diesel and make up a fantasy L&N scheme, just for kicks. I like the diesels best, old to modern. I even like CSX.
Clark
-
L
Hmmm! Any suggestions on the following, and the ease or difficulty of each?
1. Modern type layout with a fallen flag (L&N of course). In this set up the L&N will still be alive and kickin. Here are some plusses in my mind. Can model what I see around me, no need to rely on old photos. Can...
-
-
L
That is the same RR that I cross everyday in Madison at lunch time. It looks as if it ends down near the river by a junkyard. I'll go check it out tomorrow.
-
L
Vernon and North Vernon are neat looking towns, very old looking. Next time I get a chance I'll have to go find that overpass. I know there is a set of tracks that runs in that general direction out of Madison, they don't looked very used.
-
L
Having worked with UAVs on the tactical level in Iraq, the division level assets we had had limitations. The Predators, had more range than ours but they had limits as well. There are probably some that have longer range, but talking with the pilots they didn't know of any that the military...
-
L
Actuially the range from the control unit on TUAVs (unmanned drones) is usually less than 50km.
-
L
Thanks Jim. If it removes the old original scheme then I will just have to paint it up like a good ole L&N train. But at this point anything would look better than the old camo paint job I put on it years ago. :D
-
L
Trying to remove the paint I put on, which would reveal the original scheme.:D
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)