ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
K
that gas station looks familar, did you by any chance scratchbuild that from plans in a mid 90's MR?
-
K
i've had one of these on order at my local hobby shop for 2 years now,keep getting told they're delayed. anyone know why?
-
K
#32 on the list of things to do when i win that 50 million dollar lotto is to have my own Rock Island R67b 4-8-4 built. the British built a new Pacific a few years back and put it into regular commuter service, but i haven't heard of anyone in North America doing this. i'd love to see a heavy...
-
K
hmm i did two seperate deals last summer. one went off without a hitch. second got all screwed up and never recieved the item. canada post went on strike the day after he shipped, finally got it straightened out and supposedly reshipped a few months later, and never saw it, inquired about making...
-
K
Which ones, the concor or ihc cars? I saw the concor ones a while ago, but no factory paint in RI. If it comes to it I'll just repaint which ever walthers cars are on sale, although I'd really rahter not.
-
K
Are these still available? There not as detailed as I'd like but there isn't much option for Rock Island hwt cars. I know athearn just released some 60' round top harriman cars but in my minds eye they. Just don't look right with the longer walthers pullmans I already have, although I will get a...
-
K
Thank god!! I bought a NIB P2K SW9 off of HOyardsale at the end of May and of course CP went on strike the day after the seller shipped. Maybe now I'll see it before August
-
K
Went and had a proper look last week and boy was I wrong! Must have been thinking of some other place. The attic is finished, insulated all that, is rather warm in the simmer, but as for winter he said a sweater is required, and being a rather chubby fellow myself, I think I'll be ust fine with...
-
K
i've always liked the look of the Russian ordered 2-10-0's, but the RI never obtained any, so i created a free lanced shortline that presumably picked a pair up cheap when the Frisco started to dieselize. might also have to re write RI history to include a USRA 2-8-8-2, say bought for trials on...
-
K
since i'm renting not sure about insulating, although i intend to stay there quite a while, i think my best bet is to just wait a little longer,wait till i've been there a full year, and see what its like in all seasons, then go from there.
-
K
anyone ever dealt with "bobstrainstore" on there? i sent him an "I'll take it" on a loco a few days back, haven't heard anything since, hoping he doesn't blow me off because i'm in canada, i really want that item, and will gladly pay the extra shipping costs.
-
K
Moving into new digs soon, that consists of the top half of a 100+ year old house that includes a large open attic that begs for a layout. outgoing tenant is a good friend of mine and says its poorly insulated and too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter. How much trouble am I gonna have...
-
K
"Rock Island Line" many different recordings but the Johnny Cash-Sun records version is still the only one in my mind. this topic takes me back when i was a little kid and we visited my uncles farm i'd always loose myself in his country-western record collection, Jonny Cash, Roy Acuff and the...
-
K
i remember once upon a time accurail used to offer a "bulk pack" of 50 or so of the same kit of your choice, painted but missing road numbers, and would include a number decal sheet so you could apply a different number to each car. seemed like a good wa to build up a roster. do they still offer...
-
K
oh i have no intention of cigarette smoking full time, the pipe is usually only used twice a month or on a hunting or fishing trip.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)