Recent content by jomazz

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    What size ballast?

    Well ok, looks like it will be fine ballast. Thank you all for the great info.
  2. J

    What size ballast?

    I've done numerous searches & I still can't find a definitive answer as to what size ballast to use on my layout. Some say fine others say medium. I've never done ballast before so, I need some advise.
  3. J

    Air brush question

    OK, now I misunderstand. Seriously, I've seen some of the inexpensive kits that come with a can of air. Are these any good & if so what should I look for? I'm already getting the feeling that I should start with brushes & spray cans. Thanks for the help everyone.
  4. J

    Air brush question

    I'm new to to all of this crafts stuff, although I did have an ho layout about 35 yrs. ago. Anyway, I'd like to get an air brush to do some minor painting of scenery & parts but, I have no idea about what to get. Is there something anyone can suggest. I have a compressor that I use for tires &...
  5. J

    Lionel couplers

    Yeah, I was hoping to avoid changing the trucks because I have a bunch of them. I really do appreciate your input. Thank you. John
  6. J

    Lionel couplers

    Does anyone know how to convert the old Lionel truck mouted couplers to Kadee? I've looked on the Kadee web site but, I don't find anything related to truck mounts. Maybe I missed something? These are all 1960's cars & loco's.
  7. J

    Life Like

    Ok, thanks , that's what I was thinking also. I'm going to try and find a dummy to match my Bachmann. Thanks again.
  8. J

    Life Like

    I was just wondering if it might be to toy like. I have a Bachmann GP 38-2 dcc but I'm not set up for dcc. I just like the chessie b&o line & it's hard to find much of that in my price bracket so, I thought I'd ask around as I'm not familiar with that brand. Thanks for your reply. John
  9. J

    Life Like

    I'm looking for some input on Life Like GP-38 Chessie B&O set. Loco; dummy & caboose. Any good?
  10. J

    Bachmann GP 38-2

    Yes it is dcc equipped. Thanks for the info.
  11. J

    Bachmann GP 38-2

    Can anyone tell me about this unit? It's the chessie b&o model.
  12. J

    Glue?

    Another vital piece of information. Thanks for the help.
  13. J

    Glue?

    Ok, here's my very first question & I hope this dosn't sound dumb.:o I have a couple of cars with small parts broken off, like a ladder or two & a "smoke stack" on a caboose. What does everyone use to glue these things back on? Will elmers or crazy glue work?
  14. J

    Newbie here

    Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a million questions but, I think I'll just sit back & take it all in before I start asking. Ordered a couple of books on the subject, think I have alot to learn, again. I got the 4-8-2 from e-bay. Got lucky on the price. Thanks again, John
  15. J

    Newbie here

    Hello to everyone. I've just gotten interested in this "sickness" again after more than 30 yrs. Things have really changed since then, what with dcc & different couplers & such. But I'm looking forward to all the great info & help that I see posted here. I have a bunch of old HO stuff, Lionel...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top