Recent content by johnflitz3000

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. johnflitz3000

    showcases

    I didn't even think about that great idea. I'm off to look for some cases. Thankyou for your help...
  2. johnflitz3000

    showcases

    After going to my first train show I found a gentleman that was selling Clear showcases and I took one of his business cards from him,since then I have misplaced the information and was wondering if anyone would know where I could find some clear display cases like this? Any help would be...
  3. johnflitz3000

    Power Supply issues

    Thanks Jim, I will contact Bachman.
  4. johnflitz3000

    Power Supply issues

    I purchased the EZ Command power supply just before Christmas and I have been noticing significant power loss due to low voltage problems with the wall wort. I tested the power supply with a digital multimeter and only got between 6.5 and 7 volts from the unit. I also noticed my locomotives were...
  5. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    Being new at this I have no idea what makes them out of gauge or what the fix would even be. I will have to get one of those gauges and see. Thankyou for the info.
  6. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    Never mind I figured it out number 10 on the controller is the only one that allows analog. I have no idea why it still makes a squeeling noise while the throttle is being advanced and then it just stops. Thanks anyway though. Now that I have the trains running I ran into another small problem...
  7. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    Well i finally got a layout running and I purchased a bachman dcc controler and it dosn't work but the the controler that came with the set dose work. I have no clue as to why but when i power up the dcc controller it just makes a high pitched squeeling noise so if any of you guys might have a...
  8. johnflitz3000

    Rebuilding the WC&W RR

    Glen as a newbie I just wanted to say that you have a very nice layout and I hope oneday I have a room of that size to work with. Nice job keep up the great work and keep those pics comming,very nice.
  9. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    LOL,yea that was kind of funny at the LHS.I really don't care what they think after all knowone there offered to buy me anything,LOL.
  10. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    I took a trip to the LHS and much to my suprise, I seemed to have irritated most of the gentlemen by choosing N gauge. I could see that most of the guys were all HO scale enthusiasts which was fine by me as they simply just bashed my interest in N gauge. I kindly broke away from the discussion...
  11. johnflitz3000

    Hello again...

    Welcome to the forum Bill. I am new at all of this and I can only say that these guys are a welth of info. See you on a thread somewhere.
  12. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    Once again great info. and I will check around for local clubs as well,I am sure there is one close so I can visit to see what it is like. I 'm sure there is a ton of info. that club members would share. Thanks agin.
  13. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    Well so far my job has dominated most of my time leaving me chomping at the bit for some rail time. I have managed to set the banboard to the inside of the office walls and cutout the plywood for my layout which ended up going through a wall and circling into the next room. I managed to end up...
  14. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    Jeff you were exactly right,I thought that same thing as you stated. I didn't get it right away, I forgot I need some extra room so thanks for pointing that out.
  15. johnflitz3000

    Cork RB and Track installation

    I am working with a 6'6" by 8' layout and you guys hit the nail right on the head the bigger the radius the better. Jim thanks for the math end of this because I think it works out to almost a 28" radious wich will be fine I think. I was just wondering if most trains will run on that radious...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top