Recent content by JoeG

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    O scale question

    Update I have made a rendering of my rail yard which will be located on the side of my yard. I provided a jpg for the rail yard and another to show where in my yard they will be placed (in the red box). Let me know what you think of it. I made the Box car house big enough to hold many cars so I...
  2. J

    My Layout

    Thanks for all you feedback. The around the room idea is good I just have to convince my wife to do that :)
  3. J

    O scale question

    Thanks you for the info. I'll be looking for retailers that sell out door O scale trains now.
  4. J

    O scale question

    I was wondering if you could do an out door layout in O scale if you built a building to protect the engines from the weather. Would the track have any problem in the weather, I live in the desert so rain isn't to big of a concern.
  5. J

    Track in pavement.

    That looks great, thanks got the information.
  6. J

    My Layout

    I have been reading the layout forum and there are a lot of good ideas kicked around so I would like to post my layout and see what you everyone thinks. I only have a 24" x 72" space to work with. I used Atlas N Scale, code 55 track in the SCARM program.
  7. J

    N Scale

    Ok, here is an updated version.
  8. J

    N Scale

    I have been reading the layout forum and there are a lot of good ideas kicked around so I would like to post my layout and see what you everyone thinks. I only have a 24" x 72" space to work with. I used Atlas code 55 track in the SCARM program.
  9. J

    Radius Question

    I was thinking about Z scale but it seems awfully small to handle.
  10. J

    Radius Question

    Thank you for all the great information everyone. I’m thinking I might have to make the layout 26" or 28" to accommodate an 11" radius. I might also run a smaller radius on the inside and just have a shorter wheel base engine running on that track, and link the two tracks together.
  11. J

    Radius Question

    I am new to N scale modeling and have been out of the rail road modeling for many years and I have some room in my garage to make a small layout, about 2x6. I also have been reading some forums on here about the proper radius. From what I can see is an 11'' radius will not leave much room on a...
  12. J

    Track selection

    Yes I forgot to post that I am using N Scale
  13. J

    Track selection

    So I'm guessing my 10'' radius is going to be a little tight for flex track, and most engines?
  14. J

    Track selection

    does using flex track help lower derailments
  15. J

    Track selection

    What would be better to use? Flex track or sectional track




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top