Recent content by jobfather

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Athearn heavyweight passenger car upgrades

    Mainline radii start at 24" minimum, many are greater. Try to get to 30"+ whenever I can. I'll look into the Walthers pockets....I like the way their passenger cars run anyway. And yes, it's the backing up that does concern me!
  2. J

    Athearn heavyweight passenger car upgrades

    Have quite a few Bev-Bel painted Athearn heavyweights. For better operation was thinking of cutting off truck mounted couplers and adding Kadees to frame; also changing to metal wheels altho that could create a problem for future lighting. Looking for some suggestions, advice, etc. Thanks!
  3. J

    Jersey Central horns

    Planning on adding QSI Revolution sound to some CNJ locos...have no idea which horns to select. Can anyone advise me which horns were used on SD40, RS3, Trainmaster, S-2? Thanks!
  4. J

    Seeking reliable, reasonable DCC installer.

    I emailed Tonys with items I needed work done and they never replied. Not my idea of reliable.... Thanks!
  5. J

    Seeking reliable, reasonable DCC installer.

    I am looking for recommendations for a reliable and fairly priced sound and DCC installer....preferably someone who can also supply the hardware as well. I have a mixture of new and old primarily Atlas and Athearn that need sound (LOK preferred) and/or dcc (prefer LOK or TCS). Thanks!
  6. J

    NCE Power Pro or Digitrax Super Chief??

    Been in HO for 30+ years and slowly learning DCC. Old dog, new tricks etc. Have a zephry for temporary layout but getting reading for larger layout and will need a wireless DCC system. Will use hand throws whereever possible on switches. Want something "simple and easy" to use. I'm not into...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top