Recent content by JIMBETHYNAME

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    LSRN Outshops a few Cabooosess

    Very cool fleet you have there.
  2. J

    Thinning acrylic paints?

    I dont really want to mess with laquer in the house. Plus my 5 1/2 yr old daughter wants to help some.
  3. J

    Thinning acrylic paints?

    LOL, I broke down and went up to the bodega and dropped $1.99 a bottle,lol:eek: Tonight I weather!!!!!! Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out(maybe, lol)
  4. J

    Thinning acrylic paints?

    Thanks for the replies guy's. Will the blue in windex affect the final paint color?
  5. J

    Show Your Face

    Here is a couple of me doing my other hobby.
  6. J

    Thinning acrylic paints?

    :confused: What type of thinning agent should I use to make an acrylic wash? Denatured alcohol? agua?windex? thinner? I am lost, lol:eek: Thanks, jim
  7. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    62'? My house isnt even that long, lol I think that I will follow your advice Jim, and just use what buildings I need to get the same look. (Until I can get a loan for that addition I am going to need, lol)
  8. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    Here is the whole complex. Nothing like jumpimg head first into a new hobby, eh? lol
  9. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    I was just checking the measurment of each building and I am gonna have to lose one of them. No big deal, still have 12 bays.This is my first layout so if its not 100% accurate, as long as it looks cool when I'm done, I'll be happy. Tomorrow I have off from work, so thats when I will draw up...
  10. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    Thanks for the welcome, Paul.
  11. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    Not 10 sf., 40 sf. That section will be 10' long, and 4' wide. If it was 10, I would need micro-scale, lol. That place is HUGE! The pic doesnt even show 1/2 of the main building I already have on order the first 5 buildings to do the first section. That will give me 15 lines coming off the...
  12. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    I got the Bachmann Conrail loco., and the detail was less than steller, lol. So, I ordered and received this https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ATH-94215. My wife ordered this set for my...
  13. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    I havent had time to get toHudson Shores yet, but I did order these http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BAC-60306 Ialso ordered a Athern 40' derrick but for some reason I cant get a pic. I also ordered this...
  14. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    Thank you for all the welcomes and suggestions. I am leaning towards this sethttp://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann_HO_McKinley_Explorer_Set_ARR_p/bac-00624.htm, only because I dig the loco.,(and I kinda wanna watch the train go round) lol. I will probably switch out the pass. cars for...
  15. J

    Hello from NEW YORK! Need a little help!!!!

    Hello everyone.Ihope this is in the right place. My name is Jim, and I am 37(38 on 8/24). I found this place last week after seeing a PBS show on steamtrains. I started riding freestyle bmx bikes at 35 again, and now I have beat this old body up so I need to find a less painful hobby, lol I...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top