ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Hmm, amazon.com says publication date of Feb 2014. Oh we'll, either way sounds like a book I should get.
Thanks for the info!
Anyone with any insight to the rebuilding from A to Z book?
-
Book update
Ok, now Pelle Soeborg is coming out with another book, this one titled Detailing projects for freight cars and locomotives. Supposedly this will be published in feb 2014. I have Done in a Day and was wondering how much overlap will there be in these 2 books?
Another is...
-
Haven't had any issues with my loco whatsoever, but getting the shell off the first time on any of these locos can be a bit tricky. Good luck!
-
Anyone know a good way to take off glue hazing without harming the surrounding areas? I put a beacon (details west 106) on a black paint job and it doesn't look very good :o
Does the glue haze more when it gets old, or is a function of using too much? Is there a better adhesive to use on...
-
It worked out for the best, as things usually do!
That said the layout itself isn't much to look at these days. I was able to construct the double tracks, but the inside remains unfinished, and probably will. After reading the tons of great info on this site I want more than a 4x8. The...
-
Wow, 2 years ago...
To follow up on this, sorry if anyone was waiting for closure ;) Anyway, the old style snap switch that I was using had a different diverging angle than the new style that the plan was based off.
Bottom line I just used a few pieces of flex track and custom fit...
-
I've worked for the state of Wisconsin for 13 years as a fisheries technician/foreman at Nevin Hatchery where I coordinate production of ~500,000 brook, brown and rainbow trout for stocking public waters.
Pay stinks but fun work :D
-
Hmm, thought I edited my previous post to ask this, odd... Anyway, Jerome, I was wondering on your Southern Platte unit a couple pages back, did you add a new see through screen on the top of the hood, or did it come stock that way? If you replaced it where did you get the part?
Thanks...
-
-
Nice! Does anyplace you know of sell the beacon that is on the top of that unit? Walthers sells a bunch of stuff but usually lack photos so not sure which one to pick up.
Thanks, Jason
-
Something along these lines might have already been covered, but I would guess your file size is too large. You could go into some sort of editing software, like photoshop, and downsize the photo by changing the pixel dimensions. At least that is what I tried recently after getting the...
-
Jerome, must be the shadow on my photo, but my model has the wider portion on the top! :D I should have rotated the photo prior to adding it as an attachment, would be easier to see!
Thanks,
Jason
-
-
Tim, thanks for taking a look for me! If you have it I can send you the other left rail I have, this being the only athearn switcher I own probably don't need an extra! Here is a photo attached, its the handrail to the immediate right of the door, might as well throw a photo up to make sure we...
-
Jerome, or anyone else who may know! Just putting together and athearn SW1500 that I bought from Atlas a few years ago. Anyway, the parts envelope had two of the left side handrails (the one on either side of the back door). What is the approximate wire diameter of the stock athearn...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)