Recent content by Hobo

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. H

    Almost there

    I always paint it first before anything else goes down. That way you don't risk getting latex paint on anything important. I just paint it on with a large brush straight from the can. That way the paint goes on thick. You can sprinkle on foam ground covering directly on top of the wet paint...
  2. H

    Almost there

    I always paint it first before anything else goes down. That way you don't risk getting latex paint on anything important. I just paint it on with a large brush straight from the can. That way the paint goes on thick. You can sprinkle on foam ground covering directly on top of the wet paint...
  3. H

    What is this thing?

    It's definitely homemade and old. It could be almost anything electrical since it looks like it has a terminal or a switch or something at the bottom. It could be missing necessary connection wires. Is it hollow inside? Model railroaders are proverbial pack rats - they keep everything...
  4. H

    Foldable Layout

    I could be done, although it would certainly limit your choices about things like mountains. You can use N-trak standards for joining the track and electrical connections together after they fold open. For some of the scenery, such as the buildings, you can put them in place after the layout...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top