Recent content by gunrunnerjohn

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. G

    Lionel Model #264 working forklift problems

    Yep, hard to believe you need the whole motor. :)
  2. G

    Lionel Model #264 working forklift problems

    That's liable to be expensive if you do find it, that's the whole motor! Here it is for $34: http://www.mytrainpartsusa.com/253-19---481-12.php The guy at The Train Tender used to have it listed, but I don't see it in his current on-line site. Perhaps you might email him and ask, it was $29...
  3. G

    Lionel Model #264 working forklift problems

    Would the Lionel #264 Maintenance Manual help?
  4. G

    Stripped Hole - What Should I Do?

    I guess you didn't actually look at the PemNut?
  5. G

    Stripped Hole - What Should I Do?

    A PemNut pressed into the hole will give you the threads you need. Drill it out to accept the correct size.
  6. G

    Where Do I Find These Resistors?

    You do know that you can use two 2K 1/4W resistors and stack them to get 1/2W, right? I've done this on several boards when I couldn't get the right wattage or value for a repair.
  7. G

    Where Do I Find These Resistors?

    For a resistor actually dissipating .15W, I'd have gone with the 1/2 watt models myself. BTW, dropping 13 volts at 15MA sounds like 0.195 watts to me. That's too close to the maximum dissipation of a 1/4W resistor to keep me feeling comfortable.
  8. G

    How to de-magnetize.....

    Well, my tape demagnetizer works great on everything I've tried it on. It's truly the "industrial strength" solution. :) You can't demagnetize with a permanent magnet, you need a decaying A/C magnetic field to do the job.
  9. G

    How to de-magnetize.....

    I have my doubts about that Harbor Freight tool to demagnetize anything. I use a Radio Shack 44-233A VCR degausser, it does a through job. I can even demagnetize track and switches with it, very useful to prevent magnatraction engines from picking up stuff stuck to the track. I've seen them...
  10. G

    Light bulb for LW 125 watt transformer

    That is a very common bulb, and pretty much any similar voltage bayonet base bulb will do the trick. I'd probably look for an 18V bulb, it'll draw less current and have a much longer life. A 1447 bulb would do the trick, lower current.
  11. G

    Cleaning O gauge track?

    DON'T USE SANDPAPER! I use Scotchbrite and a little WD-40. I also have a set of really small rotary brushes to clean the inside of the connections.
  12. G

    Two 80 watt lionel transformers

    You'll never properly synchronize two transformers, bite the bullet and buy the bigger one.
  13. G

    Cleaning O gauge track?

    DON'T USE SANDPAPER! I use Scotchbrite and a little WD-40. I also have a set of really small rotary brushes to clean the inside of the connections.
  14. G

    Buying transformers on ebay

    Go for something bigger than 90 watts if your CW-80 isn't doing it. I'd suggest a KW, they're the best value in watts per dollar.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top