Recent content by GLP John

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. G

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    Hello Jim, Thanks for your reply. Good at soldering so powering the track every 3 feet is not a problem. I believe the track template stencil may be in the Walther's catalog...I just couldn't find it online. It's set up for all the different radii...so you can lay out your curves on large...
  2. G

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    Hello All, I'd like to order the green plastic layout templates in both N and HO scale so I can really tell how easy or difficult setting up a layout on the space i've considered will be. I've tried the Walthers website search, but no recognition of what I am asking for.... :( Also, how...
  3. G

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    Hello Jim, Thanks. Understand the fact that N will be more expensive than HO. Great insight on the N gauge availability of Euro models, engines, etc. We'll be making thousands of pine trees instead of a couple hundred with HO. :) Question: I've heard that setting up DCC track is more...
  4. G

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    Hello Jim, Thank you. We plan on visiting a number of local clubs and the shows coming up in SE Michigan. I would almost guess that N gauge is more expensive because you need that much more track? If I'm buying the euro engines thru US sources, are they set up to use US DCC or do I still...
  5. G

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    Hello Jon, Thank you. Yes, we are going around the perimeter with a "W"...a short section that comes away from the center wall in the middle...roughly 30" wide around the perimeter except near the ends of the W where it actually becomes 48" wide. With HO, the center section would be...
  6. G

    HO vs N gauge. need advice

    Also interested in HO vs N Hello All, I grew up with HO and my brothers and I split up the set we had 25 years ago...not a whole lot to work with (some track, buildings, engines, etc). My kids are now the age I was when I started and we plan on visiting train shows and local clubs to get...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top