Recent content by Gbeeman
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
G
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking that I could also assign the same address to 1 and 4 and another address to 2 and 3. That would allow me to keep each machine on a separate input.
Gbeeman.
-
G
I've researched the dcc wiki and I think I know how to wire up the double crossover with four tortoise machines that I will control from a switch 8.
My my question is do I tie 1 and 4 to a single point on the switch 8 (2 and 3 to a separate point) or am I missing something?
Thanks,
Gbeeman
-
G
Tortoise machines with a built in decoder.
Gbeeman.
-
G
Is there any advantage in using tortoise machines controlled by a Switchit over using smail machines?
Thanks,
Gbeeman
-
G
I plan on buying an NCE Power cab.
Gbeeman
-
G
Thanks Frederick I plan on controlling them with a Switchit. That should do the trick.
Gbeeeman
-
-
G
Can two tortoise switch machines have the same address so they work together? I plan on using four on a double crossover and it would be great if I could get the two pairs to work together, or is there a better way?
Thanks,
Gbeeman
-
G
I finally got it sorted out. I had a bad wiring mistake. You are absolutely correct and it works fine now.
Thanks for for all the replies.
Gbeeman
-
-
G
Thanks, mine is dcc compatible so it may be different.
Gbeeman
-
G
Hi new to the forum and searched but didn't find an answer. I have a double track main line with a Walther's double crossover. I planned to have each main in a separate power district. To my surprise when I wired up the first district (the inside main) I found that the outside main was also...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)