Recent content by FR8TRNZ1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. FR8TRNZ1

    Your favorite locomotive?

    I would have to say I have three favorites. Any SD40-2 and the WC SD45's(saw many of these in action), and also the Fairbanks Morse H24-66 trainmaster. I wish the H24-66 would of lasted longer. I read that they were ahead of there time back when they were built.
  2. FR8TRNZ1

    whats your main industry

    Grain...Grain...and more Grain.......
  3. FR8TRNZ1

    Double Crossover on the Main.......

    So instead of a double crossover have RH and LH crossover next to each other. Is this how the real life RR's do it on the main. Does anyone have any pics of there layout with this setup or a double crossover.
  4. FR8TRNZ1

    Double Crossover on the Main.......

    Just wondering what is the general rule for running a double crossover on the mainline, do you usually need them near towns or side industries. Should you have more than one on a Double Mainline in different areas. Thanks.......
  5. FR8TRNZ1

    Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

    I am with ya.......
  6. FR8TRNZ1

    Track spacing for a double main for Ho scale.

    Thanks for all your replies. I am going to use 30" radius curve on the double main line. On the branch lines and tracks in town I was thinking of using a 22"-24" radius. The area where I am using the smaller radius 22"-24" I am running smaller switchers and Geeps, maybe a SD40-2 once in awhile...
  7. FR8TRNZ1

    Track spacing for a double main for Ho scale.

    Just wondering how far apart do you space a double main, and you do keep this the same for curves. And is this measured from the center of the track.
  8. FR8TRNZ1

    Wanted-Walthers GP9M Powered Chassis

    Looking for a Powered Chassis for a Walthers GP9M. I do have a shell/just no powered chassis. Let me know what you have. Thanks Mark.......
  9. FR8TRNZ1

    Athearn BB Dash-9's

    I did the same with some of my noisy units and it does help. The drive units are virtually indestructible and easy to work on. The blue box units I have work and run just fine and with some detail they look real nice.
  10. FR8TRNZ1

    Kato CR SD80MAC's

    Nice job on the lighting. I like them Conrail units.
  11. FR8TRNZ1

    New here from Canada

    I see that you are a CN fan do you model them also. I live right behind the mainline to Green Bay WI. I am about 60 to 70 yards from the tracks. In a 24 hour period we see about 10 to 12 trains-counting the locals.
  12. FR8TRNZ1

    New here from Canada

    Welcome and glad to have you hear. This is a great site with many helpful people. Check out that Forum posted above.
  13. FR8TRNZ1

    Foam board (How thick)

    How thick of foam board do you recommend using for my layout. Or do some of you not use any. Thanks Mark.......
  14. FR8TRNZ1

    Leasing engine....

    Great job on the Loco, it turned out real nice. The video you did was awesome, just think of the exhaust if you were running an ALCO.
  15. FR8TRNZ1

    Newbie from Wisconsin.

    Thanks for all your responds. Mark.......




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top