Recent content by fluff

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    Box car between engines and tank cars

    along with tankers of crude oil, loaded or empty, we sometimes haul big steel pipe on 89 ft flatcars without bulkheads and they also require a buffer car for safety....
  2. F

    Running DC and its compatibility with other loco specs...

    yes, you are correct. dark blue box.
  3. F

    Running DC and its compatibility with other loco specs...

    I bought an athearn gp 9 with sound. lucky for me, they sent the wrong road. anyway, on dc, I did have sound, but no control on dc. I found it annoying running it this way. nothing wrong with the engine, just no way to control the sound. maybe something you may want to consider
  4. F

    Railroad Jobs

    im lucky because I live 18 miles away. this is a short line. home every night. I have worked nights before and surprisingly I don't mind it at all. the night is normally just swap one train for another with little switching. we always know close to when we are going to work, pretty much a set...
  5. F

    Railroad Jobs

    good luck with this. I work for the Fort Worth and Western in Dublin TX. I never mind getting up and going to work, but this is all I ever wanted to do. we have 4 runs out of Dublin. my job as a conductor/engineer is 6 am to 2 pm. best hours, but more switching. took me a lot longer to get...
  6. F

    Really Inactive

    tunes merle haggard. i dug out and bunch of old records i had when i was a kid in the late 60's. same ones i listened to when i got my first postage stamp trains set. old memories, new (and way better) n scale
  7. F

    Really Inactive

    too hot you are correct. its hot in central texas also. im on an atlas true track kick now, i really like their track. i had code 55 down and somewhat ballasted, some looked good, some really bad. im giving up my big curves that i really like and settling for 15.5 inch max, which is sharp to...
  8. F

    Frog Issue - I Think

    wheels likely to be too narrow. thats always my problem. try to push the engine slowly thru the switch and see which pair of wheels rides up and widen them just a tad. i use a small screwdriver, some say not to but i have never had a problem. hope this helps.....
  9. F

    Back into it, things have changed.

    weight this is probably a non issue for you, but being dcc ready also means lighter weight. i can only speak for atlas gp 30's and 40's. i dont do dcc, so i like the older, heavier models. they will pull a few more cars. my thoughts only.....




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top