Recent content by Expyker

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Expyker

    It's a GIANT!

    Ummm.... Grass maybe?
  2. Expyker

    WPF 19 20 21 October

    Great shots everyone. I still havent gotten anything done on the PAL, with a room opening up in the house maybe I can finally get that layout up. I did get my hands on a few HO vehicles at Wally world so maybe I can start weathering them soon. I do have a question on those handlaid turnouts...
  3. Expyker

    Is it just me ??

    What we used to do with model airplanes when the plastic was too traslucent, was to spray the inside if the piece( providing it will not be seen), with a flat grey or black paint. Spraying a fairly heavy coat like that will prevent light from coming through the outside coat of paint. Hope this...
  4. Expyker

    Newbie Here

    I did some research and discovered that yall are absolutly right. They are GP40-2s. I dont know though if P&L rebuilt them to GP38 specs or not. Good thing I found out before I actually bought any locos:eek: I do want to shoot an email to P&L and see what kind of info they can provide for me and...
  5. Expyker

    Newbie Here

    I am totaly untrained so I would not have known the difference between the GP38s and the GP40s. I am glad that yall said something, btw someone else was talking somewhere on the internet about them being deturbocharged GP40s. P&L calls them GP38s on their website. I dunno, but I think they look...
  6. Expyker

    My Other Hobby

    Nope I spray directly onto the paper. I use glossy photo paper to get the textures to come out like I want. Anyone can do this. here are a few videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo8vFRKiQsU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKwAJVjyjv0&mode=related&search=
  7. Expyker

    Switches

    Not 100% sure what you are trying to do with wiring one side direct, Unless its a one-way track. And also I know nothing about DCC. But this is how I wire tracks in DC using DPDT( Double Pole,Double Throw)switches.
  8. Expyker

    My Other Hobby

    I dont have any trains yet,(I am a trucker, I dont make the money yall do)So I thought I would show some pics of my other hobby. All pictures were painted with regular spray paint from walmart. Excuse the crappy photos they are from a cameraphone
  9. Expyker

    Newbie Here

    Hey Thanks guys. If I get through PA I will certainly jake and toot my way through, actually am located out of Carlisle even though I live in KY. And as far as my thoughts on a L&N setup, they are gone already. I just found out about my new favorite RR. P&L Paducah & Louisville. They have a...
  10. Expyker

    Newbie Here

    Howdy yall. Newbie here from Ky. Juust wanted to drop a line and say hi. I don't have a rr setup yet but I am planning as I travel the nations highways.(I am an OTR Truck Driver). But I am thinking of doing something like a L&N setup,not sure what I wanna do yet, but I am sure you guys will...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top