Recent content by Ed Radz

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. E

    Southbound Model Railroaders Open House

    You were at Spencer Shops in the 90's? You need to pay another visit. Its changed a lot. The Southbound Model Railroaders has changed a lot too. Email us & we can open up for a visit anytime. Ed Radz
  2. E

    Southbound Model Railroaders Open House

    Good Morning Southbound Model Railroaders present their annual open house. Admission is by donation. All proceeds benefitting Ronald McDonald House of Winston Salem. Saturday Dec. 3, 2011 10 AM to 4 PM Sunday Dec. 4, 2011 1 to 5 PM See the Triad's largest most fully scenicked model...
  3. E

    passenger car comparison

    My cars came in the other day. I was down at the club layout testing. Only 1 car is giving me fits. Its the observation car. Just at one particular turnout the leading truck derails. I tweaked the points, they turnout is not the problem. I switched the trucks front to back. Now it derails at a...
  4. E

    passenger car comparison

    Thanks all for the info. My plan is to with the Walthers cars. I would like the Santa Fe Super Chief style Budd cars. Right now I see there are no sleepers available in this type of car. It looks like a Con-Cor sleeper will have to fill in temporarily. Later! Ed Radz
  5. E

    passenger car comparison

    Hello All I'm planning on buying some streamline 85 foot passenger cars & need a little help. Can I get your opinions on Walthers & Con-Cor cars? How do the details compare? Are couplers body mounted or truck mounted? Most important, how do they track thru curves & turnouts?
  6. E

    new layout location-good or bad

    I'm looking for your opinions. We moved into a brand new house recently. In the garage is this great wall I have been looking at. I'm thinking a shelf type layout 30 inches wide X 17 feet long in HO. I was thinking an OSB base with 2 inches of foam on top. I'm in North Carolina. This space is...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top