ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Matt,
Thanks for the compliment. That goes both ways.
I'll be keeping an eye on your smelter for ideas.
I suppose the railroad brought the concentrated ore in to these smelters packed in sacks and delivered by boxcar.
I've seen pics of the Deadwood smelter with what looks like a water pipe...
-
Matt,
I just finished building a large HO scale mine and mill. Photo link http://www.dougcoffey.com/html/works_in_progress.html
I want to build a large 1920 era smelter. I have been looking over the Deadwood Smelter for years but can't see how it was rail serviced.
What are you using for...
-
Keep the photos coming. This looks interesting.
-
-
You are doing a fantastic job. Contest winning quality.
The Black Hills is a place I wish I had discovered 20 years sooner. I found the early railroading there more interesting than Colorado.
It's nice to see someone modeling it. I look forward to seeing your progress.
-
The only one I subscribe to anymore is the Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette. It is still a good magazine for craftsmen.
As far as the other magazines go, I find web sites and message forums have far more to offer.
I was pleasantly surprised with the latest issue of Great Model Railroads from...
-
You can view all my photos here.
http://www.dougcoffey.com/html/model_railroad.html
-
For those that requested a link to my model railroad, you can view it here.
http://www.dougcoffey.com/html/model_railroad.html
-
I'm new here so this is a test.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)