Recent content by DJtrains

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    What Happens To Posts?

    Thanks for the reply.
  2. D

    What Happens To Posts?

    I've noticed that at least one of my posts to this forum suddenly disappeared. I didn't see any message to this affect in my personal message inbox as is common procedure on many forums. Question: Are posts deleted here with no notice to the poster? Just curious.
  3. D

    Question about online orders and restocking fees.

    I'd have to concur with those who stated that this company's action is devious if not outright fraud. The credit card stop payment or reverse payment process cost money (at least it does for us). The last time I checked I think they said there was a $25 charge to reverse the charge. It's been a...
  4. D

    Question about online orders and restocking fees.

    Rule No. 1 in all online purchases, pay through Paypal. They have saved me hundreds of dollars over the past few years. Paypal knows no "restocking fees." You get a 100% refund if filed within their time limit. In your case we're talking about 8 weeks? I doubt even Paypal could help you. I...
  5. D

    There's parts & then there's PARTS!

    Good thread with a great message. Those like that soldier you met know the price of freedom. I fear most Americans today think it's a free entitlement.
  6. D

    Starting over not a bad thing.

    Model railroading is really an art form that just happens to move. Each layout is like a new painting on canvas. Actually even better due to the depth and animation. Consider yourself an artist and each layout a new artistic inspiration.
  7. D

    Another WTH Ebay Moment

    This person has good feedback so I'd guess what happened is someone gave them false info and they went with it without checking first with some real authority. ebay is a very risky place from which to purchase goods. Back before ebay's rock solid Paypal refund policy and the elimination of...
  8. D

    What's a Christmas without Trains?

    Yup, Christmas and trains go together like peanut butter and jelly. You mentioned the Sears catalog. That Sears Wish Book was the prize of every kid up until about the 80's. A nice condition 1959 Wish Book can bring upwards of $150 on ebay. About 2 weeks before Christmas they can hit in...
  9. D

    Is Interest In Model Railroading Dwindling?

    I know lack of space is what led to HO scale. Today most younger families live in rented apartments/houses and room is not plentiful. The hobby won't ever completely go away because there will always be those who will collect train sets due to their history and basic antique toy values. Some...
  10. D

    Is Interest In Model Railroading Dwindling?

    This is by far the best post (and most accurate) I've seen here (or on any forum) yet. My older generation doesn't realize how bad things are today. I do appreciate the need to work at being optimistic but the facts are the facts. I am now semi-retired but my art is promising to put me back...
  11. D

    Is Interest In Model Railroading Dwindling?

    I agree. The nationality doesn't really matter. What matters is a good work ethic. Lets pray the country isn't ruined so the work ethic thing can work. America needs big time help.
  12. D

    Is Interest In Model Railroading Dwindling?

    Boy, that is the truth. It's really scary today how the young generation is so dependent. Up here in northern, Michigan, many live with (and off) mom & dad or grandpa and grandma. I realize there are young folks who do well today but so many leach off kin and have no plans for the future. The...
  13. D

    Is Interest In Model Railroading Dwindling?

    Yes, I figured it was a common question. I think it's human nature to wonder when anything will end. I was just curious about the thinking at this time. And too, it did manage some action (not to mention some off-track comments such as some of mine). :rolleyes: As for trends of the past...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top