Recent content by ddansie

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    Done OK this is what I did. I un-soldered all of my wires that I had daisy-chained on my track. My locomotive sputtered a little bit around the fist go around, but the more I let it run and when I put on the pullman cars it ran like it did at the very first. So now my question is... why...
  2. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    Sorry.. I have mode it now so you can see the 2nd video. I disconnected the first daisy-chain wire from the main line. I did not unsolder the wires.
  3. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    Watch OK here is what my train looked like before I started adding all of the wire to the track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFnkJExokww&feature=youtu.be This is what my train looks like now that I added all of the wiring, then disconnected all of the wiring except the main line like I...
  4. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    It is a Bachmann 4-8-4 Santa Fe 3780 locomotive. It is the only locomotive I have. I am just starting out. It was running fine until I started adding all of the electrical feeds to the track. The only part that it had issues with at first was going into or out of a "Y".
  5. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    Sigh... OK this is everything that I have tried. 1-) I have cleaned all of the track 2-) I have disconnected all of the daisy-chain so I just have my main line like I had original 3-) I have used the t-shirt and alcohol method (that was a chore) And my locomotive still does the same...
  6. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    I'm dumb OK shy of making myself look really dumb (I know, not hard to do), how do I get my wheels to turn on my locomotive to clean them? I have cleaned the part that I can get to, and I have gotten the q-tip nice and dirty so I am assuming that it is my wheels that are in need of cleaning.
  7. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    Thank you Thank you all for your advise. I will work on it tonight, then I will report how it went :)
  8. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    But the thing I don't understand is that the 12' that are daisy-chained together is the only part that the locomotive has issues, as soon as it gets past that part it runs fine.
  9. D

    Sputtering Locomotive

    I have laid over 30' of track, soldered my main wire to the track and my locomotive worked fine for the most part. I have read that I should solder my wire every three feet. I have started to do that, but now my locomotive sputters for the first 12 feet then it runs fine (after my last...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top