Recent content by Dak2763

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Brand new N scale modeler

    Welcome to the Forums! D-Daddy. I am also new here & the people are outstanding & Fun to talk to and the knowledge base is endless! remember nomatter what you do or build make it fun! Dak
  2. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hey Gary not a problem bud! I will and have been looking around, and I will post as i go (build) I am new at this however I did work for a time as a modeler for a business in downtown Chicago that designed highways roads and train transportation systems. so we will see how this turns out. :)...
  3. D

    Here in Illinois

    Gary I guess with all the work you have in it you will one day have it running as good as it looks! I still can't get over it I was looking so hard to try and see what was there and what was background!!! it just blew my mind, and my wife's jaw just hit the floor. Great job so far!!! loved the...
  4. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hi Trailrider Thanks for your input on this for that is one thing I didn't think about. I got out of modeling because I could not give them the detail as I once did. So what I did tonight is I have a HO & N scale track (36") and a diesel locomotive for each on order, now I have a 8" ledge...
  5. D

    Here in Illinois

    Gary :eek: Hey that was Just outstanding ~ to see those pictures of your build and detail made me wanting to see more!! you got a 10 in my book, how many years did you spend out it?
  6. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hi B-Bob That is what I am looking to do, that build and video (s) were perfect! right along the line of my thinking. Thanks! Dak need to see if I can stop my order of ho track!
  7. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hey everyone I am not sure to post this here or in another part of the forums, The BNSF Railway! Right now I am not sure if I am going to run a HO or N scale, but I am thinking of doing a line of setups that would start from franklin park IL switching yard that runs north to northwest to...
  8. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hey Gary B - I am looking forward to seeing your layout on here. And thank you to everyone on here everyone is so nice and so much better that other forums I have been apart of from my other hobbies.
  9. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hey there Burlngton Bob, Im up in Fox Lake, Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get things going! I have started to design for my lay out , & I also have some track on the way! :) Also I can not wait to find time to check out things here as well as others builds and designs. Dak
  10. D

    Here in Illinois

    Well Ken it sure did work - now if we can only get the hot young ladys to feel that way about model rr right :) and thanks for the info on the 83 code and can't wait to get started. looking at doing a 4 to 8 track setup to I will be able to run them all at the same time. Marty
  11. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hey Toot thanks! Thats good to know cause at this point all the reading I am doing on these trains tells me we are along way from the old stuff. Wow the links here man - this is some cool stuff going on. I can't wait to get started. doing a layout right now with my cam cad setup.
  12. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hi Tootnkumin, and yes a time or two. also thank you for the info on my question, Yep I told the wife I wanted to get into a new hobby (Archery) told her it has been over 20 years for me and may want to get back into it. I sent her that picture, she told me to find something else to do LOL. plus...
  13. D

    Here in Illinois

    Hello everyone, I'm a 50 year old modeler from North Dakota now living in Illinois who has been into all ends of the modeling world from 1/25 model kits to even making 1/12 and 1/10 R/C Cars making chassis (carbon fiber) (aluminum work) so .....on. as a kid I had a train set or two, but that was...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top