Recent content by Daelith

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Need help identifying

    Thank you for your help everyone. Need the info because I'm clueless as to what this stuff is and what it is worth. My father passed away earlier this year and trains were one of his hobbies a number of years ago before his health began to fail. Since a number of his items are in unmarked boxed...
  2. D

    Need help identifying

    Ya'll were so good on the last car I listed, I'm hoping some one here can identify this car. My father had this packed away in an old Varney box, but it said cattle car on the end of the box and this obviously is not a cattle car. He hand wrote beneath that "REA RFR" which I know stands for...
  3. D

    Help with info on MB Austin kit

    That was the only thing we were able to find online about them too. Thank you.
  4. D

    Help with info on MB Austin kit

    Thank you for the extra information, NYW&B. I appreciate it.
  5. D

    Help with info on MB Austin kit

    Thank you CBCNSfan and rlundy90. Every little bit of information helps. We figured this one was probably before the 70's. Even before seeing the date, I had it pegged for about the 40's or 50's. What's left of the glue and paint are still in the vials in the box. There had been another price...
  6. D

    Help with info on MB Austin kit

    My husband and I had done the searches as well and found nothing either. I think I found that old Ebay listing too. There is a small printed date of 1940 in the lower left corner of the instructions that we saw last night. I appreciate you trying to help. I'm going to have a number of others...
  7. D

    Help with info on MB Austin kit

    Let see if some pictures help.
  8. D

    Help with info on MB Austin kit

    I have an M. B. Austin kit. Not assembled. On the end of the box it says - Sterling Pickle Car Kit No. P-2 Heinz Type. Distributed by M. B. Austin, Jr. Winnetka, Ill. I think this is an HO scale kit. Not 100% certain. Can any give me any information of the model brand? Even just the year this...
  9. D

    Completely lost in TN

    Hello, I'm Daelith. I recently inherited a number of model trains and other model related items from my father who passed away in February. I have come across a number of items I can not find information about online so I thought I would come to the experts here with my questions. I hope that is...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top