You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Recent content by D940CW
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
tables are up..... now what???
Hello fellow railroaders!
So I glued the foam to the tables and they are all set. My imagination has been running wild with ideas to model, but I am now somewhat puzzled. Since I am in a small apartment space is limited. I wanted the track to be able to loop...
benchwork in progress
:-)
Got two benches 2.5' x 8'. Got them with legs and wood tops. I need some advice on foam now. I got two big 4x8 sheets of blue foam (Dow) and am thinking how to glue it????? Liquid nails??
I spent about 100$ total on all materials for the tables and I have...
Sounds good!
Is it possible to have a few DC operations mixed in my "layout" along with this DCC ??
My first task is to get a big flat surface that I can perhaps crawl under to get to other ends of it setup in my little apartment :D
Then I want to create a few different things, like a small...
Yes I'm so excited. The mailman brought me like 8 packages yesterday omg! I have not opened them yet, I feel like a kid at Christmas! I plan on making things work with what I got. Also being thrifty about it, as this hobby seems expensive! I got a little Christmas bonus and threw the whole...
I think I need to slow down on buying crap from EBAY omg..... I bought about 4 auctions with a smorgishboard of track. I tried to get all nickel steel but just bought some brass. I really like the long peices of so called "flex track", hahaha I mean that's like using ribbon rail for my...
OK, so I think I have my work cut out for me creating a layout from wood. Any suggestions on what type ? I assume plywood, what thickness ? Also, I was assuming I would use make shift horses to support the sheets of wood ? Is that a good idea or should I create legs ?
Last night I set up...
Hi Fellow Model Railroaders! I'm brand new here just moments out of the production line :)
I have purchase about 600$ worth of random items (a few locos, about 10 rolling stock cars, and two or three track kits) from ebay. They are all in the mail. I did buy one cheap BNSF rail chief kit...