Recent content by csx 404

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. csx 404

    MRC/Tsunami Programming Problem/Solution

    The other day we ran into an interesting problem at the club layout. We had three locomotives, two Atheran and one Stewart/Bowser that came from the store DCC/Sound equipped with Tsunami decoders. All three locomotives were new out of the box and had the same issue. When we went to program...
  2. csx 404

    SPTrains.com Warning!!

    Luckily, I caught it before they charged my card and I cancelled the order. I also filed a complaint with Discover. Its a shame there are web sites like SP Trains. I agree with the other post that said not having an "About Us" is a red flag. Also, thanks to someone on here, I was able to get...
  3. csx 404

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    I agree with you. As much trouble as I had with SPTrains.com (see thread below on that), Model Train Stuff is fantastic. I received an Athearn SD60I from them that looked like it had been through a war with broken handrails and steps. I called them, they immediately e-mailed me a shipping...
  4. csx 404

    SPTrains.com Warning!!

    Folks, here's a friendly warning...DON'T BUY FROM SPTRAINS.com!!! As others have speculated, this is a web site that does not stock anything they have on the site. I waited a month, sent numerous e-mails, never got a response. Finally, thanks to someone on here, I got the phone number...
  5. csx 404

    SPTrains.com Warning!!

    I am having the same problem with SP Trains. I placed an order a month ago, I got a receipt via e-mail the same day and haven't heard anyhthing since. I sent 3 e-mails and no reply. I'm going to call Discover card and try to stop the transaction.
  6. csx 404

    SPTrains.com Warning!!

    I ordered a RS-27 from them over a month ago. Three e-mails and no reply. Looks like I better cancel the credit card transaction. Unreal!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top