Recent content by cruzMOKS

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    KCS engineer shot

    4 basic laws of gun safety. Always know what is beyond what you will shoot. Never point your gun at something you don't intend to shoot. Never put your finger on the trigger until you intend to shoot. Guns are always loaded until you verify otherwise. This guy did not take safety...
  2. C

    Soldering Iron for a newbie?

    to jump in on this discussion, I have a weller 100/140 which sat on my shelf for 20 years. I turned it on to test it by soldering 2 wires together and it never got the wires hot enough to melt the solder. I then cleaned the tip with steel wool, but no change in the results. Held the iron to the...
  3. C

    Merry Christmas

    And a Merry Christmas to you. Looks good.
  4. C

    Matching Engine with Power Unit

    Thanks for all the info. I'm going to get a set.
  5. C

    Matching Engine with Power Unit

    Thanks, I now plan to go with the Bachman starter DCC set, and will be able to use those engines later with a better system.
  6. C

    Matching Engine with Power Unit

    Will DCC run most engines if I put a decoder into them? Or do I need a special engine for dcc? I want to run multiple trains on my layout. Bachmann Commander is a set that has DCC and will run 2 engines included in the set. If I buy that set, will a better dcc (digitrax) run those engines? Or...
  7. C

    Matching Engine with Power Unit

    I am looking to buy my first 2 engines in ho scale.
  8. C

    Matching Engine with Power Unit

    To rephrase my question, How would I know what transformer unit goes with which engine.
  9. C

    Matching Engine with Power Unit

    I am new to model railroading. I am wondering how to know what engine will work with what power unit.
  10. C

    New to Model Railroading

    I live in Kansas City so maybe Kansas City Southern would be a good line to model. thanks for the info. Scott
  11. C

    New to Model Railroading

    Hello everybody, No real experience in model railroads except as a kid. I have a large area that I can use up to 10' by 20' for a lay out. If I really wanted to I could make it a lot larger than that. My plan is to start small (4x8) and add as I get more engines, cars and track. A...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top