Recent content by CPcalgary

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    SAR SD40-2f

    Actually, it is as the designation states. It is an SD40-2F -full cowl body. It was built for our colder climate up here. These were built for CP long after they halted passenger service, so there is no steam gennie in them. Here is some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMD_SD40-2F
  2. C

    SAR SD40-2f

    Thats what I thought, but just wanted to make sure before i ordered it!
  3. C

    SAR SD40-2f

    Its a pretty unique prototype, only 25 were made, all for cp. They were produced in brass, but thats a little rich for my wallet!
  4. C

    SAR SD40-2f

    Just wondeering if anyone has built one of these, and if so will it fit on an Athearn frame with some modifications. http://southernalbertarail.com/index.php?page=navleft_1col
  5. C

    Soo

    I just saw a red SOO SD40 leading a consist out of Calgarys Alyth Yard 15 minutes a go!
  6. C

    For the CP fans out there.....

    That is Aylth, in Calgary.
  7. C

    For the CP fans out there.....

    My neighbour works in the paint shop at Ogden shops, not far from where those shots were taken. He says that the red paint that cp uses is extrodinarily expensive, that is why they are so slow repainting their older AC4400's!
  8. C

    KATO SD90/43MAC help!

    Let me know what works for you and I'll give it a try. I wont get to it for a while, but id love to know the outcome! Thanks
  9. C

    KATO SD90/43MAC help!

    I have the exact same problem with my cp sd90. I want to get at the decoder, but i dont strip the screws. They wont budge!!! :mad:
  10. C

    Wish List

    I model the other scale! Pm with some details! thx
  11. C

    Wish List

    Any Cp rolling stock or locos? Always interested!
  12. C

    My FM obsession!

    Is it okay to be obsessed with Fairbanks-morse locomotives?:D Hard to believe how long CP used these for! Check out this site if you like FM! http://members.shaw.ca/cprclc/[/URL]
  13. C

    Kato sd9043 shell removal

    Thanks for your help! I have the instructions, but those screws are in there pretty good!
  14. C

    Kato sd9043 shell removal

    I recently got a cp rail kato sd9043mac on ebay. It has a decoder in it, and I would like to get at it, but for the life of me I cant get the shell off! I tried the screws on the coupler boxes, but they wont budge, and I dont want to strip them. Any suggestions?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top