Recent content by cosmictrain

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. cosmictrain

    Athearn Genesis SD45-2 problems

    I believe the problem has been solved. But I don't know what the problem was because I changed brands on the loco and upgraded to a different controller. They didn't have anymore Athearn SD-45's for Erie Lackawanna so I ended up getting an EL Atlas gold series FM Train Master, and I upgraded the...
  2. cosmictrain

    Athearn Genesis SD45-2 problems

    It is a quite large general hobby shop. The guys running the train section are in their 50's and seem quite knowledgeable. The wiring is just the 2 wires from the contoller to the track and the track is just an oval. The layout is just something to have so I can run the train while I'm...
  3. cosmictrain

    Athearn Genesis SD45-2 problems

    Yes I am ready to start over. In my world if same thing blows up 3 times, something else is causing it. I don't see how it can be the track. The only other thing is the controller. Digitrax seems to have a good reputation. I don't know. The hobby shop is a rather large one here in south Florida...
  4. cosmictrain

    Athearn Genesis SD45-2 problems

    I am new (2 weeks) to DCC. I am getting back into model trains after 35 years. Or at least I'm trying too. Here is the problem: 2 weeks ago I bought an Athearn Genesis SD45-2 with sound and a Digitrax Zephyr starter set. I only have a 4x8 layout with an oval to play with the train while I...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top