ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
C
I am 38 and my son is 7 - as an adder my father is 66. The three of us use the information provided here to help my son into model railroading - he is the reason we got into it (my father was a switchman and later on a coal dock worker). His experiences and our railroading history in the...
-
C
No sound on other loco's and able to run 2-3 with a DC as well. True, the bug is there for me and my son would run 100 engines if he could (he loves the idea of consists). I have been looking at the MRC Prodigy Advanced 2 and the Digitrax Super Chief. Leaning toward the MRC, what does...
-
C
That is some great information from both of you. We will be upgrading at some point, but I think we are better off easing into this. I figure at some point, with everyone's help, I'll have just enough information to really screw things up. Until then I'll keep learning and trying things...
-
C
I'm having alot of thoughts and ideas all at once, bear with me. Can anyone help with what I need to buy and/or download in order to program our DCC units. I want to get everything and set up. I read about some sort of interface but can't seem to narrow down exactly what I need. Also, there...
-
C
By the way, looking at buying a Blue Line EMD F7 A/B with sound. Any suggestions on the best decoder to get? Again, price is the driver - Blue Line + good decoder is still cheaper than alot of DCC installed units out there. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would like to hear them.
-
C
For now, since we're just getting started and the main engineer is the 6 year old, I got a Bachmann EZCommand. Mainly ease of use and price were the drivers. We will be upgrading at some point as we start to build a more permanent layout, so any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated from...
-
C
Looking to buy a new Blue Line F7 - any suggestions on the best decoder?
-
C
I believe I figured it out - throughout the installation I followed the directions and tested the locomotive at each step. However, at about midnight at the last step, I looked at the wiring diagram and wired up the tender power pickups - failing to remember that underneath, the power was...
-
C
messed up
Your description of how to get it apart worked great - I had found the wiring diagram on the web in my own research. After all of that, I still screwed it up and smoked the decoder (I watched as it puffed!). I am going to need to find someone around here to show me what I did wrong...
-
C
We are just getting into the hobby and my son is 6 years old - so I am doing most of the work. On that note, I am fairly mechanical but deathly afraid of breaking one of my sons new/used loco's. We have purchased an IHC Consolidation 2-8-0 and decoder. I have included a pic I found that looks...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)