ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
C
This seems a bit pathetic- the manufacturer asking the customers for ideas. When Irving Athearn owned the firm, I don't recall public appeals for ideas being necessary- they were generous with the spectrum of their product line and anticipated interest in various schemes quite well. Nowadays...
-
C
Sheldon Russell, a college professor in Oklahoma, has written three mystery novels over the past 3 years about a one-legged railroad detective in postwar (1940s) America. His first was Yard Dog, the second was Insane Train, and the most recent title escapes me. They are well written and detail-...
-
C
DIY Decals
One suggestion: my railroad is the "Minnesota, Sioux Lake & Western", so I use initials on the diesels or a logo with "Sioux Lake" as the colloquial name. If you can use a portion of the overall long name in a similar manner, then do so. That way, you have 3 options for lettering...
-
C
One suggestion: my railroad is the "Minnesota, Sioux Lake & Western", so I use initials on the diesels or a logo with "Sioux Lake" as the colloquial name. If you can use a portion of the overall long name in a similar manner, then do so. That way, you have 3 options for lettering: initials, logo...
-
C
I use SuperClean, available as a spray bottle, in bulk for about $8.00 at Walmart generally. This works well on most paint jobs, but I cam across an Athearn BB this week that is still soaking while the SuperClean works slowly. The paint job appears very thick, as some of the molded details have...
-
C
This discussion on metal wheels is related to a project I am currently working on. I have the Athearn BN #134 calf dummy unit with a metal frame and plastic wheels. I want to power an LED to show thru the headlamp by first, changing the plastic wheel+metal axle ones to all metal ones to enable...
-
C
I am building the Walthers Concrete Coaling Tower (HO) and would like some advice:
1) On lighting the structure in general: Where and what to light? I typically use 5mm LED warm whites w/a 470ohm resistor connected to the standard
12 volt DC power from an MRC powerpack.
2) Does anyone have...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)