Recent content by CambriaArea51

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. CambriaArea51

    Share your ghost letters

    Patch I have a lot of but only one ghost lettering.
  2. CambriaArea51

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Good morning... A cool 43 degrees start. Not much going on, just some yard work.
  3. CambriaArea51

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Thank you much better now.
  4. CambriaArea51

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Still tough for me to read with the black background.
  5. CambriaArea51

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Happy Anniversary Mike. My wife and I just celebrated 34 years last weekend. Due to the change in the weather,Mother Nature has forced me back into the house and back in the train room.
  6. CambriaArea51

    Paint match

    Vallejo is good.
  7. CambriaArea51

    Painting metal wheel faces

    I use the Vallejo paint with no issues. I don't thin the paint either. The rim faces are usually not that rusted from going through switches.
  8. CambriaArea51

    Weathering Engines a Continuous thread.

    They are hard to find, unless they were on top of an overpass or a drone in today's time they are few and far between.
  9. CambriaArea51

    Trucks/sideframes, wheel face colors

    I will rust the whole truck (except engines I do differently) then light spot spray with the brown so it looks like a dirty rust color. The grimy black at the end very light just to tone down and mix in with the rust and brown. How you spray each color will give you different variations. I do...
  10. CambriaArea51

    I'm going to be purchasing my first DCC diesel locomotive with sound, recommendations?

    I've been very happy with Scale Trains. They have the keep alive in them which is nice to have.
  11. CambriaArea51

    Trucks/sideframes, wheel face colors

    I do them together. I have 2 pieces of 9" track and I roll them on that track to do the wheel faces. Before I paint I run 91% alcohol through the airbrush and blast the trucks to get any oil film off. Let them dry and paint. Engine trucks I run them on the track holding the engine and clean with...
  12. CambriaArea51

    Trucks/sideframes, wheel face colors

    I have some samples of trucks and wheels. My 3 basic colors are Vallejo brand light rust, camouflage brown, black gray (grimy black), Applied in that order, different coats of weak/ strong in the colors give different results. Engine wheels are hand painted in light rust the trucks are...
  13. CambriaArea51

    Running Bear’s April 2026 Coffee Shop

    That is sad, nobody is a know it all, but everyone has a way that works for them. Any video that you watch is an example of that, they have their way of doing weathering that works for them and they are sharing that. I myself have watched and continue to watch to learn and pickup different tips...
  14. CambriaArea51

    Running Bear’s April 2026 Coffee Shop

    It's sad to see the Weathering Rolling Stock thread is closed. I see many other threads are started around the same subject. Would've been nice to keep all that info in one place.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top