Recent content by Bumps

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    After I write a new layout plan. I'm thinking about taking one of my three tables, dismantling it and starting a new. Working from one section of my new plan and going start to finish. ??? Until i have my layout room back. Any as foreseen drawbacks to such a plan ? Is it going to be a pain to...
  2. B

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    I like dealing with www.modeltrain stuff. Even with shipping their sale prices makes it really hard to shop my LHS.. Diesels over the net, rolling stock at the LHS.. New Guy, 2 cents.... High Five.. (inside joke):eek:
  3. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    Mth & dcc January 20, 2010 - M.T.H. Electric Trains has completed development of an NMRA DCC Compliant board and will begin installing that board into the company's HO SD70ACe and SD70M-2 models in each of the paint schemes previously offered with M.T.H.'s Proto-Sound 3.0 digital sound system...
  4. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    Thanks Cjcrescent, Thanks for the suggestion on the book. I looked into it and ordered from Amazon $14.98. It not only comes highly rated by yourself but also another 14 other people who took the time to review it at Amazon. Thanks Again. I'll also take a look at that MTH website again...
  5. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    Thanks Selector.. Hi Shivam fellow New Person to the forum. Ok, seeing MTH doesn't like to play by the standards of DCC I'm looking else where for my Diesel power. Like Broadway Limited -Paragon 2 series. Always been a fan of Athearn too. I'd like to get the best sound quality for my...
  6. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    Looks like I'll stay with Athern and look into BLI steam and diesel. Or any suggestions ? Thanks Dave
  7. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    Mth Thanks for the Replies. :D Has anyone tried to replace the MTH DCS decoder with a DCC decoder ? Do they use the standard plug in ? Just guessing but probably not, huh. I'm running Digitrax DCC, well was... I plan on keeping what have though.. Thanks Again.. Dave
  8. B

    Hello, New Guy to this Forum. W/First Question

    Little about me; Finally started a HO DCC layout in the basement 3 yrs ago other than the DC one I had when I was much younger. The new layout is three tables connected measuring 32x 4. With multiple rises/heights of track. Had nearly 75 % of the track laid. Then the daughter came home from...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top