Recent content by Boxcab26
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I'm modeling a logging railroad and from the images I've seen of the prototype there was little to no ballast on the logging spurs. I'm at a loss to find a way to do this on my model railroad. Anyone experiment with this? Any help is appreciated!
-
Wow, I've ben jonesing for one of these. I see all listed as "Out of Stock" what are you looking at for back orders?
-
Yes, they do. It would make an AWESOME kit bash, dontcha think?
-
Yup, it's real! Here is the prototype
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0aq8EgGS0
-
The ballast is red dolomite from a mine near there. It's the most beautiful ballast you'll ever see. When up close it sparkles due to the mica in it. Tough to walk on though, you'll turn a ankle easy if your not careful. The line would make a nice model railroad though!
-
That's a real 30" gauge railroad I work on in Virginia City, MT. The locomotive used is the prototype for the Bachmann On30 outside frame 2-8-0.
I'm privileged to be a student fireman on the locomotive. Learn more at:
http://www.virginiacitymt.com/AlderGulch.asp
-
Here is what my 30" gauge track looks like up in Virginia City, MT. Looks big enough for me! Laid to Milwaukee Road standard on red rock ballast, and all "hand laid". Looks more like your HO track then your On30. Guess it's just gotta be laid right.
-
Cool! I'm a student fireman on the prototype of that model Alder Gulch, Former NdeM #12 in Virginia City, MOntana. Nice to see the model gets around!
-
Well, got to work! Cab is ready, added a bigger airbell and horn. Motor needs wiring, but it's ready to go. If I had a soldering iron it would be an honest days work. I'm forgoing some of the detailing knowing the service this motor will be put through. I plan on lighting it directionaly as...
-
Not to be newb but what are IIRC's and PDT's?
-
The 91% took the paint right off! Cheap and it works. I like it.
-
:rolleyes: As if this could never happen to an American manufacturer. I'd saw warranty repair.
-
Hmmm....DCC...yes, yes I could...
-
Is there a remotering kit out there?
-
Just picked one up. Anyone out there have any experience with them? Building, painting, running? Not much out there on the web I've found.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)