Recent content by Bob H-J

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Another Newbie Question...

    Thanks Jim! I know I probably need a more powerful transformer anyway, but is it possible to do this with my old Lionel transformer that came with the set? It's the old basic blue transformer, with just one set of connection points. Thanks for taking the time with me... :)
  2. B

    Another Newbie Question...

    Thanks Jim, They are old Lionel switches in O gauge. On the top it says model 1022 and on the bottom of the one I took up, it says model 1122. I have one right hand and one left hand. They are old. I recently bought them on ebay, and they are significantly older than the one switch I already...
  3. B

    Another Newbie Question...

    Hi Jim, I lose power on the outside track when the switches are thrown to run on the inside, and vise-versa. I guessing I need to run power to the inside track as well. Is this correct? If so... can I do this with the old basic Lionel transformer? (the transformer still might not be powerful...
  4. B

    British narrow gauge in 009 - County Gate

    Absolutely incredible! Wow! Just ....WOW!
  5. B

    My maquette

    Very good looking set up. I'm new to all this, we dug out my old Lionel set for Christmas and have started messing around with it. The layouts and designs I am seeing on this site are incredible!
  6. B

    Another Newbie Question...

    Thanks guys. Lemme check and I will post back....
  7. B

    Another Newbie Question...

    Hi Thanks! The switches are manual. I'm connected to the track from the transformer on the outside loop. I lose all power to the interior track when I switch the switches to divert the train onto that section. It's a conductivity (did I spell that right?) problem. Surfing around...
  8. B

    Another Newbie Question...

    Hi folks, For Christmas, we dug out my old Lionel train set from when I was a kid. After 25-30 years it still runs! I cleaned and lubricated the engine, cars and track, and now my son and I have been bitten by the bug to start setting up a small (4x8) layout out in the garage. My...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top