Recent content by BNTorsney

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    More is Better My plan was to get as much "operation" out of of this layout as possible; I "think" I've done that for the most part. I just ordered a train "operations" book from Model Railroader, which I plan to take on vacation this summer to study. One other possibility I was thinking was...
  2. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    New DCC/Sound Locomotives Thank you, sometimes an earlier interest can be rekindled by just getting older! I've attached photos of 7 of 9 of my new DCC/Sound locomotives. The 2 GP60's were pre-ordered and have not been delivered yet.
  3. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Less Golf, more Motorcycle and Model Railroad A lot has happened in the two years since I last posted on this thread. Just when I started to get good at golf, mainly because I don't care about the score anymore, I give up my club membership. Golf doesn't interest me as much as my new Harley...
  4. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Yard Improvements Continue............. Another John Armstrong point for realistic operations is a turn-table for turning locomotives. I was planning on replacing my twenty-eight year old Atlas turn-table with one made by Peco. When I received the new turn-table and seen first hand what was...
  5. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    What in my comments are "anti-capitalist?" Its got absolutely nothing to do with that, it's all about G R E E D!!! Unfortunately, in this GREAT free system of ours, some people AND Corporations tend to take advantage.
  6. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Have Fun! The MAIN objective in Model Railroading is to have FUN! What I wanted was an INTERESTING layout that I would NEVER get tired of; I believe I'm well on my way to that goal, AND I am having a REAL good time in the process!!
  7. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Main Yard Improvements After re-reading John Armstrong's "Track Planning for Realistic Operations," I soon realized one major problem with the layout's Main Yard. All six of the spurs could only be serviced from the East Yard entrance. With limited space, I added five turnouts to the West side...
  8. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Requested Photos Here are four photos of the layout. The first three are from left to right facing the layout, the last is from theoretical East to West.
  9. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Tortoise slow-motion AND Atlas double solenoid switch I had asked almost a year ago if anyone knew of a circuit, that would allow a Tortoise under-table switch and Atlas double solenoid switch operate together. I never had any replies and kept on looking on the Internet for a solution. Last...
  10. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Retirement, something to do! I'm not rushing, but in the time I have left they will NEVER burn out. We have nineteen pages because it's an interesting subject and MOST people like to voice there opinion somewhere. The thing I love most about being retired is Model Railroading. It something I...
  11. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    My Two Cents For my two cents, I think your splitting hairs. These locomotives are so superior to ANY top of the locomotive available on the market, that if they don't do EVERYTHING available in DCC, who cares? The only thing I have found that they can't do is an advanced consist; am I missing...
  12. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    MTH SD70ACe GM EMD Demo 70 - Welcome Thank you MTH!
  13. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Under-table switch machines - Installed (done!) Four new Tortoise under-table switch machines are installed (done!). If you look at the third photo, the mounting of this switch required some Engineering 101. Because it was so close to the frame, I cut off the mounting tabs on one side of the...
  14. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Check other Thread I have many photos of the improvement and additions I made to this layout. If you check out my other Thread on this website, "Atlas Big Book Layouts, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route," you will find a lot of photos. If after viewing that thread you don't see what you want, let...
  15. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Locomotive Power Shortage ......................find any track problems on my railroad, just run this engine around it..it will find the problems. I'm guessing this 3 axle truck is going to need a 'loosing of the tolerances' in the central axle to relieve this extra sensitivity. When I was...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top