Recent content by badguy87

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    I agree. You can literally almost throw the stuff at it and it looks natural.
  2. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Amazing as usual! Impeccable weathering techniques.
  3. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    No. I made it out of sheet styrene. The filler neck is from a sprue of Roco details. Remember, in most cases, the tanks have a rubber barrier between it and whatever it's bolted to. Again, styrene I painted flat black. There's no wrong way to do it my friend. Use your imagination and I...
  4. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Im just about finished up with this one. It could use a spotlight, windshield wipers, and some tools in the back. But overall Im satisfied. Its a Roco Dodge. It came new in the box with a blue lightbar, simulated canvas top, and staked sides on the bed. The new lightbar is made from strip...
  5. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    I buy most of my parts and details from the local hobby shop (AA hobbies in Warwick, RI) and eBay. This roco tanker I got on eBay. I had to fight for it too. I said I'd never get into fire trucks, but the brush fire bug has bitten me. Probably because there is no way to build one wrong. I'm...
  6. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    You mean the chevy pick up? The hose reel is from a Boley brush fire body, the portable pump is from Herpa. The pumps come in a box of 3 pre assembled units with black and red molded plastic. I believe it's # 51737. About $10 @ LHS. The hose reel I just carefully painted white. The hoses are...
  7. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thanks. I haven't weathered anything else yet as of late. I'm trying to bang out a bunch of customs, decal everything, then weathering.
  8. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thanks again for helping out! I'm eager to get started.
  9. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Thanks for the idea! Would you be able to snap some pics covering 360 degrees of the truck? That way I can make it more prototypical.
  10. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    They will not be for sale.
  11. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Among other projects on the bench, I received this very nice piece made by Roco today! If all goes as planned, this will be a brush fire water tender or "portable hydrant".
  12. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    I've been working on these for a few days...
  13. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    My latest contribution loosely based on a prototype of an International on an auction site. It's not 100%, but worth showing as I'm moving on to other projects for now.
  14. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't sure.
  15. B

    1/87th Vehicles

    Lookin good! The push bar on the riverpoint station truck is upside down :/




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top