Recent content by Aster1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Aster1

    Recommend some layout software

    Thanks to all for the help! I was thinking Atlas code 80 track w/ black ties vs. the Peco Brown ties. I guess I can look at code 55 as I think all my stock has Micro-Trains wheel sets and could change the few out that didn't. Any major advantages/pitfalls on 80 vs 55 outside of the "more...
  2. Aster1

    New boy from Iowa

    Thank you David, If I had the room, and didn't have what amounts to a small fortune now in loco's and rolling stock, I'd really like HO. Maybe someday I'll have both after I get into my "dream garage". Motorcycles & Model Railroads would fill it. I did my last layout in a cookie cutter...
  3. Aster1

    Recommend some layout software

    Thanks for the tip Mike, I've got 'er downloaded and will study up on using it tomorrow. I also stumbled across the Atlas freeware RTS 8.0v and loaded that. I presume you prefer XTrackCAD maybe? Also, any help on the Peco vs Atlas track/turnout options? I know the Peco has brown rails and...
  4. Aster1

    New boy from Iowa

    Thanks for the welcome Jim, I have many pieces of locomotives and rolling stock in N Gauge and will be modeling in that format again. I have a post with some questions on any good software for layout design and also on the track/turnout brand to use e.g. Atlas or Peco. This layout, now that...
  5. Aster1

    Recommend some layout software

    Hi Everyone, I'm getting back into railroading after being gone from it for about 7 years. Want to design a layout in N scale again, not a modular design but a layout in a walk around design. I have approx. 7'x14' that I can work with and still leave room for my wife to walk thru to the...
  6. Aster1

    New boy from Iowa

    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm in Des Moines, IA and have the itch to get back into Model Railroading. I've been over occupied with my business for the last 7 years and need the relaxation that comes from building and working a good layout. It...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top