Recent content by Applebin

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. A

    Input on some steam loco's

    I'm going to make a small 2'x4' coffee table size layout and was looking for a steamer to run as DC, since it will only be running 1 loco at a time. The minimum turn radius will be 10". Here are what I've come across as potentials and was curious as to your experiences with them...
  2. A

    Railroad Poll

    Virginian.
  3. A

    Specific Articulated Steamer

    It was built for the VGN after their 2-8-8-8-4 triplexes from Baldwin failed to perform as hoped. (it was turned into a 2-8-8-0 and a 2-8-0).
  4. A

    Specific Articulated Steamer

    Hi, does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a Virginian Railroad 800 2-10-10-2? It ran from 1918-1940's.
  5. A

    DCC decoder in old Loco.

    I'll be calling Tony's. And for those interested here's the engine breakdown sheet and the parts list. (even have the lifetime warranty card)
  6. A

    DCC decoder in old Loco.

    While it is older. It was bought new in box from a local train shop owner who has been in the business here for a long time. I set it up on its oval and runs perfect.
  7. A

    DCC decoder in old Loco.

    So for christmas I got a mid 1980's to early 90's version of http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1649. What I'm wondering is how difficult it would be to install a decoder to this 0-6-0 locomotive and if anyone who has done this has any tips.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top